IGNORED

Unskilled Knob Twiddlers

Guest tronicphace

My case is quite similar to the OP's. I began making tracks on Reason a few weeks ago and most of my attempts are totally weak. My songs are sequenced like a parody movie. :cry:

my god, you should be amazing by now.

what i don't get is that i've become progressively worse at music over the last 5 years.

and have made electronic music for like 12 years :(

Guest Otto Krat

I use fruity loops and I dont understand why this program is treated like a toy too.

But im gonna give Reason a try.

I use fruity loops and I dont understand why this program is treated like a toy too.

if you use floops don't bother with Reason.

As far as reason goes I'm fairly knowledgable about:

- Most devices excluding the RPG, Vocoder, matrix and DE-Rex.

- routing cv cables

- mastering

- general other tidbits.

I am a hugefan of reason, as it is really the only program I use to compose, but I have to say, you can't really do any kind of final MASTER without an external audio editor. What I do usually is get the song sounding as good as I possibly can within the program, then export each individual track as a .wav, which I then open as a multi-track session in COOL EDIT. Then I do my signature DSP edits, eq where nessissary (which isn't much - I tend to to usually do most of the eqing within Reason), then mix it all down. Then I'll do the final master as best I can.

Your production skills are ace so this sounds like good advice to me.

Guest taxman

i'm a fruityloops master at this point but i still can't do shit with reason (although i guess it was about 4 years ago last time i tried).

these days i'll make a decent track every now and then but nowhere near as many as i used to a couple years ago. now i make a lot fewer but they're a lot better.

As far as reason goes I'm fairly knowledgable about:

- Most devices excluding the RPG, Vocoder, matrix and DE-Rex.

- routing cv cables

- mastering

- general other tidbits.

I am a hugefan of reason, as it is really the only program I use to compose, but I have to say, you can't really do any kind of final MASTER without an external audio editor. What I do usually is get the song sounding as good as I possibly can within the program, then export each individual track as a .wav, which I then open as a multi-track session in COOL EDIT. Then I do my signature DSP edits, eq where nessissary (which isn't much - I tend to to usually do most of the eqing within Reason), then mix it all down. Then I'll do the final master as best I can.

Your production skills are ace so this sounds like good advice to me.

*blushes*

Guest Otto Krat

if you use floops don't bother with Reason.

Well you're probably right but you need to experience different things every now and then, especially in music.

Next step for me is that:

210883.jpg

I am buying it next week.

Archived