IGNORED

Unskilled Knob Twiddlers

Guest tronicphace

Guest tronicphace

I was going to post a couple of songs I've been working on in Reason, but after listening to other people's, my stuff sounds pretty crappy. Looks like I need to practice more...

Guest tronicphace

well, I figured I shouldn't post in that forum unless I actually attached music, like everybody else

Guest all_purpose_sandpaper
you failed to even put your failure post in the right subforum

rofl

try pitchshifting one of them to match the other and them mixpasting them together, that's what i would do, and that's why i also belong in your thread.

I doubt your tracks are bad. They're probably half way between good and bad, which is worse.

yeah, at least if you're truly bad you can chuck a dj mujava and get signed to warp.

Guest Betty
I doubt your tracks are bad. They're probably half way between good and bad, which is worse.

yeah, at least if you're truly bad you can chuck a dj mujava and get signed to warp.

and if it's half bad people who hear it will be compelled to point out the bad bits in case you are not aware of them. If it's all bad they will leave you be.

or you can just not show your tracks to anyone and claim to be sitting on a goldmine of awesome electric idm musics.

"NO IS MINE!!"

Guest Betty

Next time I see a homeless beggar who's really down on their luck, I'm going to drop a few choice mp3's in their hat.

Guest Rambo

Betty is right. At least if your tracks were awful we could enjoy them. Unfortunately it sounds like your tunes are just fairly shit.

Guest Enter a new display name

My case is quite similar to the OP's. I began making tracks on Reason a few weeks ago and most of my attempts are totally weak. My songs are sequenced like a parody movie. :cry:

It's easy to get discouraged and give up, but stick with it, nobody started out sounding good. Keep trying to capture that specific sound/feeling

isn't it a bit late to jump on the fucking about with reason bandwagon?

yes it really is, Fruity Loops doesnt get enough credit for being something like 20x more verstatile and powerful than Reason but it's treated like a toy where as Reason is 'fuckin sick cause of all the wires bro'

I use reason, I'm getting fairly adept I think.

We should make a thread In EKT for Reason noobs because I don't know alot but I'm willing to share what I do know.

As far as reason goes I'm fairly knowledgable about:

- Most devices excluding the RPG, Vocoder, matrix and DE-Rex.

- routing cv cables

- mastering

- general other tidbits.

The best thing to do is use a Combinator, assign any variable to a rotar and then route the rotar to a modulator. Once you learn how to do this there is an endless variety of setups to be made.

feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I might not be able to answer but I'll try because its fucking hard to find people who use reason to talk to about this sort of stuff.

As far as reason goes I'm fairly knowledgable about:

- Most devices excluding the RPG, Vocoder, matrix and DE-Rex.

- routing cv cables

- mastering

- general other tidbits.

I am a hugefan of reason, as it is really the only program I use to compose, but I have to say, you can't really do any kind of final MASTER without an external audio editor. What I do usually is get the song sounding as good as I possibly can within the program, then export each individual track as a .wav, which I then open as a multi-track session in COOL EDIT. Then I do my signature DSP edits, eq where nessissary (which isn't much - I tend to to usually do most of the eqing within Reason), then mix it all down. Then I'll do the final master as best I can.

Archived