IGNORED

Seas (Milieu & David Tagg)

Mellow U

So myself and David Tagg have released a CD & 12" of deep minimal techno with influences from things like Yagya, Rod Modell, Basic Channel, and the like. Loads of reverb, soft white noise and field recordings on top of clean beats, sub-bass, dubby stabs and stately melodic motifs.

The CD comes in one of David's unique handmade "swivel cases" that past EED releases have been packaged in, and the LP contains a sidelong (18 minute) track not featured on the CD version.

We've pressed only 100 LPs, and for those of you familiar with my work, this is notable for being the first time my music has appeared on a vinyl format ever. The swivel cases have been pressed on a short handmade run of 65, and as I type this about 10 of those are left. Both are available together in a 'bundle' for a reduced price or individually for a tad more.

Check out decent-length MP3 clips from both formats at our microsite here:

http://www.electronicdiversity.com/seas

To get your copy, visit the shop here:

http://www.electronicdiversity.com/store

SEAS_case.jpg

Awesome design, alas I'm not a fan of dub techno/basic channel stuff.

:beer:

No worries!

Just out of curiosity though, if you saw that CD design on a shelf at a record store, what kind of music would you imagine was inside it?

No worries!

Just out of curiosity though, if you saw that CD design on a shelf at a record store, what kind of music would you imagine was inside it?

I would definitely think it was some kind of electronic music...or some ambient. maybe I've just been conditioned into seeing minimal clean designs and comparing them to electronic stuff.

oh and I'm grabbing this now...I can't wait. I would be very angry at myself if I missed out on this.

Probably some sort of Raster Noton minimal glitch type affair, or some 'academic' ambient piece a la the Line record label.

No worries!

I would definitely think it was some kind of electronic music...or some ambient. maybe I've just been conditioned into seeing minimal clean designs and comparing them to electronic stuff.

Probably some sort of Raster Noton minimal glitch type affair, or some 'academic' ambient piece a la the Line record label.

Good answers! I'm always curious about what our design brings to mind for folks who appreciate it in some way.

Either way though, I have just been informed that there is only ONE copy of the CD left!

I'd assume it'd be crust punk

Crust punk has never sounded so clean!

Though on a side note - I do personally feel that the DIY nature of punk is inherent in our designs, being handmade and uniquely designed. I think more musicians/labels should go the handmade route, as it keeps things more interesting than factory pressed homogenized stuff.

just got this and finished listening to it all the way through...it's fantastic.

the cd case to start with is the money. love the simple clean design and it's perfect for this album.

haven't gotten a chance to hear the vinyl goodness yet because my needle just broke :ohmy: so I'll have to get that fixed stat cause I'm dying to hear the warm sound of it on vinyl.

and the music of course is amazingly produced and I'm feeling like I could listen to this album on repeat for weeks on end.

thanks for the quick delivery and always great tunes Brian and David. :beer:

Guest Glass Plate
I'd assume it'd be crust punk

Crust punk has never sounded so clean!

Though on a side note - I do personally feel that the DIY nature of punk is inherent in our designs, being handmade and uniquely designed. I think more musicians/labels should go the handmade route, as it keeps things more interesting than factory pressed homogenized stuff.

I hope to set up a DIY plastic forming station this summer and make my own cases out of plastic for a release.

I just want to hear DIY methods of changing the look of the disc it's self that is high quallity. I can screen print but Im just not sure how you could screen print a disc easily.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived