IGNORED

Pork Pie

BCM

i've just polished off a lovely Dickinson & Morris Melton Mowbray number with lashings of English mustard. doesn't get much better than that.

my only problem with pork pies is the jelly. i leave that part.

33large.jpg

Guest Iain C

Even when I ate meat, I didn't like pork pies, despite being a fan of both pork and pies. It was that disgusting jelly which turned my stomach. Any kind of jelly is revolting to me, I'm really funny about certain textures for food and jelly is one of the worst. But savoury, meaty jelly? The whole concept is sick and wrong, almost up there with jellied eels.

And I'm pretty fucked off with mustard today, because I stomped on a single-serving sachet of english mustard whilst waiting for a tram to Wimbledon and it went all over my favourite pair of jeans!

I'm glad you feel the same about the jelly. There must be a jellyless option?

i think i've had pork pies without the jelly, but most seem to bung loads of it in - the one i've just eaten had jelly and that was a very "good" make. the pasty was excellent though and the pork mix nicely seasoned.

i think pork pies can only be eaten occasionally, if you eat them too often they become disgusting. well, they are quite disgusting i suppose, but in a nice way if only eaten sometimes...

Guest boo

never thought i liked pork pies, but last time i had one it was good (free at some poncy bar, they were trying to promote pork pies as suitable for middle class poetry fans or something.. but they were actually good, i'll give them that)

the jelly is what put me off before, but i didn't mind it really

Guest ward

i used to hate pork pies when i was a kid because of the jelly

now i love to have one every now and then (haven't had one in months) but the jelly still makes me squirm

i think if you heat them up, the jelly melts nicely and adds to the taste, but cold, that shit is rank...

same with chatwins sausage rolls, they stick shit loads of jelly in those, but again, heat them up and they're magic

Guest ward

problem with some bakeries is that they have a microwave on the side that they use to heat up whatever you're buying, instead of being under hot lamps, or heated up in the oven properly...

it's a shame because there's this local bakers in the village here that if visited at 8am in the morning, when everything is fresh, it's the best bakers in town... but visit later on and they just heat everything back up in the microwave, so instead it's best going to chatwins across the road...

Guest idrn

pork pies are delicious, but the sort of people who enjoy the jelly are the sort of people who actually eat the gristle/ fat on a steak. bloody degenerates.

Guest ward

i love apple pork pies

oh god

im hungry, but i had a paté, lettuce sarnie not so long ago

and some lovely M&S yogurts

Guest placidburp

I fucking love pork pies! I even love the jelly. I don't eat them as much as I would like, I want one now...

Also how do you feel about - pork-pie-5485-300.jpg

Archived