IGNORED

best frozen pizza?

Fred McGriff

HEY ENCEY PM OR POST YOUR DOUGH RECIPE PLEASE! I WANT TO TRY IT!

i didn't think you needed a mixer, the guy in my local pizzeria makes a little well in the middle of a pile of flour and gradually adds milk as he mixes with his hands.

milk?!

I'll PM you when I get home and get these fuckin pants off!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what sort of name is oetker?

exactly! what is a guy named oekter going to know about pizza?

HEY ENCEY PM OR POST YOUR DOUGH RECIPE PLEASE! I WANT TO TRY IT!

i didn't think you needed a mixer, the guy in my local pizzeria makes a little well in the middle of a pile of flour and gradually adds milk as he mixes with his hands.

milk?!

I'll PM you when I get home and get these fuckin pants off!

OH MY!

*milks*

(it might have been water :embrassed: )

yeah i'm going to back up tauboo. those dr. okter things are awful. what's wrong with you people?

the bases are like soggy crackers and the topping are watery shit. what does some danish dr. know about making pizza? clearly not a lot.

also lol at kaen for putting reggae reggae sauce on everything.

The problem obviously lies with your baking technique and not with the Doctor's product.

Based on your comment I'd almost think you're just letting the pizza defrost before eating it.

I'm quite partial to Dr. Oetker's Big American pizza Supreme.

The sauce on their Hawaii pizza tastes like sauerkraut though, took me a long time to identify it.

sauerkraut hawaii pizza.. great

you're all fucked up

Guest Iain C

Just biked in to say that I'm currently sucking down a Dr. Oetker mozarella... it's delicious.

PS, Keltoi: they're got Dutch, they're German. Apparently they're still paying reparations for the use of slave labour in World War 2.

alright, first off, forzen pizzas is bullshit.

forzen pizza is bullshits.

look, im gettin a frozen pizza? im gettin the shitty shit, im gettin motherfuckin totino's combo topping pizza and fucking folding it and eating it like a sandwich fuck you nigga$

Ingredients

• 1 package (7g or 1/4 oz.) active dry or fresh yeast
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • 1 plus 1/4 cup warm water (105º F to 115º F)
  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (I actually use 1.75 cups of whole wheat flour and 1 cup of all-purpose flour, and maybe replace a bit of that with semolina flour or add some of that if the dough is too wet while I'm mixing and kneading it)
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

Instructions

1. In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast and honey in 1/4 cup of the warm water. (You can also use white wine instead of water, or maple syrup or molasses instead of honey, to change the taste of the dough.)
  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and the salt. Add the oil, yeast mixture, and the remaining 1 cup of water and mix until the ingredients come together into a dough (you can do this with an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook, with a wooden spoon, with a food processor or -- my cockamamie method -- with an electric beater with just one of the beaters attached). At this point, the dough should be tacky, but not sticky, lumpy but not powdery.
  3. Turn the dough out onto a clean work surface and knead by hand until the dough is smooth and firm (it will feel like Scarlett Johansson's ass) and passes the [url"http://www.cibusvitae.com/archives/16-Dough-Window-Pane-Test.html"]'window pane test,'[/url] somewhere between 10-20 minutes.
  4. Cover the dough with a clean, damp towel and let it rise in a warm spot for 30 minutes to an hour, until doubled in size.
  5. Divide the dough into two, three or four balls. These can be wrapped in plastic and refrigerated for up to 2 days or wrapped and stored in the freezer for a week or so.

You should know what to do from there. Buon appetit! :heart:

encey

Guest Iain C
german then, the home land of pizza.

go to italy, eat pizza, then tell me dr. okter is good pizza.

I've been to Italy and eaten pizza, of course it was the best pizza of my life. But Dr. Oetker is the best pizza in ASDA.

it's a bit disturbing that anyone would think dr oetker restaurante pizza is anything but disgusting

Guest idrn

im with tauboo on this one... i used to massively dig the doc when i was young, but as i got older and my palate become all refined and whatnot, i realised it was just some kind of horrific savoury biscuit that shamelessly rinsed the lowest common denominator taste bud. and beside that, its simply not a pizza, FACT.

Guest idrn
But... it's got pesto on it...

*takes iain to one side*

its a droplet of green colouring... :cry:

things i have learned from this thread

* if you are eating frozen pizza, it is best to set your expectations low and be surprised, rather than setting them high and being disappointed

* turbocharging frozen pizzas is looked on with scorn by pizza purists*

* we're not sure if germans can make frozen pizzas

* people generally prefer thin 'n' crispies

* there is a dr. oetker camp, and i'm in it

* making dough is a lot of effort

* america is different to europe

* tauboo is grumpy

*tauboo

Guest Iain C

Off topic, but is Kaini taking bets on which of the great minimalists will snuff it first?

Because my money's on Terry Riley.

Ingredients

• 1 package (7g or 1/4 oz.) active dry or fresh yeast
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • 1 plus 1/4 cup warm water (105º F to 115º F)
  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (I actually use 1.75 cups of whole wheat flour and 1 cup of all-purpose flour, and maybe replace a bit of that with semolina flour or add some of that if the dough is too wet while I'm mixing and kneading it)
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

Instructions

1. In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast and honey in 1/4 cup of the warm water. (You can also use white wine instead of water, or maple syrup or molasses instead of honey, to change the taste of the dough.)
  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and the salt. Add the oil, yeast mixture, and the remaining 1 cup of water and mix until the ingredients come together into a dough (you can do this with an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook, with a wooden spoon, with a food processor or -- my cockamamie method -- with an electric beater with just one of the beaters attached). At this point, the dough should be tacky, but not sticky, lumpy but not powdery.
  3. Turn the dough out onto a clean work surface and knead by hand until the dough is smooth and firm (it will feel like Scarlett Johansson's ass) and passes the [url"http://www.cibusvitae.com/archives/16-Dough-Window-Pane-Test.html"]'window pane test,'[/url] somewhere between 10-20 minutes.
  4. Cover the dough with a clean, damp towel and let it rise in a warm spot for 30 minutes to an hour, until doubled in size.
  5. Divide the dough into two, three or four balls. These can be wrapped in plastic and refrigerated for up to 2 days or wrapped and stored in the freezer for a week or so.

You should know what to do from there. Buon appetit! :heart:

encey

i'm surprised by the honey in there.

i'm def going to try this.

Guest idrn

i like the compositional effort iain put into that picture.. ideally he could have shifted the gamma a bit in photoshop to get rid of that artificial yellow light though.

Guest Iain C

That's straight off my phone with no editing. The composition was a total accident, I didn't even realise that I'd got the Dr. Oetker logo into the shot until afterwards.

Archived