IGNORED

Windows 7 Release Copy/candidate/whatever

Guest Tony Danza

Guest Tony Danza

My Win XP Pro is dying so I'm downloading Windows 7.

Anyone using it? It was either this or reformat and reinstall Win XP. I'm bored of XP. It's starting to look like 3.1 to me.

Anyway, wish me luck! I'll post the results if I can even install the OS. I'm having trouble accessing my DVD drive so I'll see. I need to burn an ISO of Win 7 in order to install it.

I have no idea what went wrong with my XP. It lags strangely now when I do certain things. It's hardly a computer anymore.

Wish me luck!

Windows 7 is the nuts. It's fully compatible with everything I've tried, had no driver issues and it runs really fast. I recommend it!

Lightyears better than Vista anyway...

I installed over xp and i think it runs faster, my xp installation was relatively new and it was lagging like you describe. now it does so less. is very cool and has nice features.

its good stuff. Im waiting until they release it for keeps until i keep usin it though, its only going to last another 8 days beofore this RC expires.

its good stuff. Im waiting until they release it for keeps until i keep usin it though, its only going to last another 8 days beofore this RC expires.

??

My RC expires May 2010 I think... Around then anyway

i guess it says:

This is a very important question, because Windows 7 Beta and Windows 7 RC each have an expiration date. To avoid interruption, you’ll need to rebuild your test machine using a valid version of Windows before the software expires. Windows will notify you that the expiration process is beginning and two weeks later your PC will begin shutting down every two hours. The Beta expires on August 1, 2009, and bi-hourly shutdowns will begin July 1, 2009. The RC will expire June 1, 2010, and the bi-hourly shutdowns will begin on March 1, 2010. In both cases, you’ll need to rebuild your test PC to replace the OS and reinstall all your programs and data. (Learn more about installing Windows.)

so yeah i guess you're right, its only the beta thats going to run out next month

whens the full thing coming out? anyone know?

i guess it says:

This is a very important question, because Windows 7 Beta and Windows 7 RC each have an expiration date. To avoid interruption, you’ll need to rebuild your test machine using a valid version of Windows before the software expires. Windows will notify you that the expiration process is beginning and two weeks later your PC will begin shutting down every two hours. The Beta expires on August 1, 2009, and bi-hourly shutdowns will begin July 1, 2009. The RC will expire June 1, 2010, and the bi-hourly shutdowns will begin on March 1, 2010. In both cases, you’ll need to rebuild your test PC to replace the OS and reinstall all your programs and data. (Learn more about installing Windows.)

so yeah i guess you're right, its only the beta thats going to run out next month

whens the full thing coming out? anyone know?

maybe you didn't generate/use the validation key, i heard if you don't the copy only works for 30 days or something, you can still do it if that's the case without need to reinstall.

I've been using it as my primary OS since the Release Candidate came out and I love it. No problems here, all my games and drivers and programs workand it's just like a flashy but lightweight, and free version of Vista. I give it two thumbs up

Guest Tony Danza

Oh, hey! I'm back online.

Yup! It's everything you guys said it was. I like it a lot, and it sure is pretty.

I couldn't get Windows 7 to setup. I kept getting a mysterious black screen. It turns out that all the VOLTAGE settings for my RAM and CPU were changed in my bios. I set them back to AUTO, and everything worked fine. I believe this is why my system was hanging so much with XP. I didn't even have to do with Windows 7, but oh well. I'm happy.

I only had to install my video card driver, and I need to install my onboard sound driver to get my headphones working how I want them. Other than that, everything is peachy-keen.

I forgot to save my Bioshock savegames so I'll have to play the game over again. I'm not really sure that I want to. Maybe I'll use a walkthrough until I get up to where I was so I'll get to see some hidden things.

Archived