IGNORED

Bringing a child into the world

Guest joshier

Guest joshier

Hi, just curious - What are you guys opinions on personally conceiving vs adoption?

I'd like to know if its girls who are more interested in having their own child rather than adopting, or if it's guys that feel that way more.

I know for a fact there are some women out there with only one ovary and because of that they try and try to have a baby but it doesn't always work out and they go through a lot of stress as they want one so bad.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me personally, having a child versus adopting was always preferable to me - something about it being "not of me" was a bit of a hard thing to get over - dunno if I would feel the same way if I was actually in that situation though.

Guest joshier
For me personally, having a child versus adopting was always preferable to me - something about it being "not of me" was a bit of a hard thing to get over - dunno if I would feel the same way if I was actually in that situation though.

Do you think you're quite a good example of a healthy, attractive and intelligent human?

Guest Mr Salads

I thought about this too. I feel the same way. I want it to be "mine" for whatever reason that is - probably biological. I know people argue about overcrowding the planet but I dont really play that gambit

Guest Drahken

If I ever have a kid I'm adopting but that has more to do with my personal situation than anything. We'd have to find an egg donor and do the whole lab bit, and its nearly 10k a shot, with really shitty odds of success unless you want the chance of Octoplets. To me that just seems like a silly way to spend money on a kid that would only be 'half' ours. Considering how many children are in need of a good home it was an easy step to decide on adoption. But thats a ways off, both of our lives are far too busy just yet. Bit of a mixed blessing that one is, no kids popping up out of the blue but having one is an expensive and tiresome process.

Do you think you're quite a good example of a healthy, attractive and intelligent human?

Well, attractiveness is a matter of opinion, but gene-wise, I'm good, and I consider myself fairly intelligent.

Guest theSun

if i had ever had a kid this would be rough. i'd like to have my own, but i'd also like to help out some kid who has never had a chance. maybe one of each, but i doubt i'll have kids either way.

To me that just seems like a silly way to spend money on a kid that would only be 'half' ours.

Your biological child is only half yours to begin with.

By the way, I would rather have a child of my own than adopt. I'm not really worried about population. If every couple on the planet had one child, the world's population would be cut in half in one generation.

Guest Drahken
To me that just seems like a silly way to spend money on a kid that would only be 'half' ours.

'ours'

ltr

'ours'

ltr

I was making a joke.

lern a since a humer.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i say adopt. your kid isnt even a sperm and egg yet but some kid is out there now in need of parents.

Guest Adjective

av-1.jpg

Well, attractiveness is a matter of opinion, but gene-wise, I'm good, and I consider myself fairly intelligent.

Guest thanksomuch

i doooooon't liike........ gah..... eeeerg.....

*passes out from the strain of trying to not say IT*

i say adopt. your kid isnt even a sperm and egg yet but some kid is out there now in need of parents.

i'd say don't have kids if you can't look after them

but that's even less likely to happen

Guest leprechaun

I'd like to have my own, but if turns out we have trouble I would definitely adopt. Hell I may adopt even if we don't have trouble. I certainly wouldn't waste a bunch of time and money on the whole infertility thing. While I understand the drive, I personally think people who spend loads of money infertility treatments are incredibly selfish.

Guest leprechaun
Isnt adopting a child an absudrly tedious/bureaucratic and difficult process?

Certainly cant be as fun as making your own

Yes sadly it can be unless you have lots of money.

and people with lots of money want fresh produce

anyone who is serious about adopting, and not a weirdo, should adopt 3+ i reckon

Guest joshier

I find it selfish for someone to think that their own genetics are superior to an already born child's without a check of the child's parents.

It also baffles me as to the people who happily walk down the path of creating their own when the chances of giving birth to a mentally/physically baby is still there.

Birth defects are actually on the rise, one cause is by the environmental conditions we are living in (birth defect statistics.pdf). There are roughly 150,000 children born each year with a birth defect and here's a comprehensive list of potential causes:

Air pollution - Alcohol - Chemicals and solvents - Diet and nutrition - Drinking water - Drugs - Electromagnetic fields - Folic acid/vitamins - Gene-environment interactions - Hazardous waste sites - Illness/ infections - Medications - Obesity and body mass - Occupation/hobbies - Pesticides - Prenatal care/pregnancy - Smoking - Social/economic factors - Stressful life events

Archived