IGNORED

Last Step - 1961

Guest Diao

Guest Diao

Why doesn't this album get brought up more often? Its fighting for the spot as my favorite album against SAW 85-92, its that good. Catchy melodies, lush timbres, fantastic production; not to mention Balazs ripping it up on drums for the majority of the album. All in all, a wonderful work of music.

Discuss.

Yes, it is great, not sure if it is that great but I do love Last Step and all that has been released under the moniker....

Guest melotronic

i used to have this, before i lost a whole lot of music the other month. it's alright.

Guest Diao

Most of the songs I don't even notice the odd time signatures on, they flow to me like any other song would thats in 4/4. There are obvious exceptions, like Seafoam Green being in 15/16, that one was hard to get my head bobbing to at first.

Guest nene multiple assgasms
I like it but the silly time signatures make it hard to really enjoy

lol

Guest Enter a new display name
chris moss flam dub acid & chris moss fan club acid by last step are my favourite songs by last step.

I wonder why... :rolleyes:

i got sent these just before the first last step ep came out.

http://chrismossacid.kaen.org/music/finish...n_club_acid.mp3

http://chrismossacid.kaen.org/music/finish...ss_flam_dub.mp3

Guest Diao
not to mention Balazs ripping it up on drums for the majority of the album.

what's this mean now?

All of the live drumming on the album was done by Balazs Pandi. He's done some live drum stuff for Snares and Otto before, one hell of a drummer he is.

what's this mean now?

All of the live drumming on the album was done by Balazs Pandi. He's done some live drum stuff for Snares and Otto before, one hell of a drummer he is.

i don't remember any live drums on it but the album failed to hold my attention so i will have to check it out again to see what you are talking about

Guest Diao

what's this mean now?

i don't remember any live drums on it but the album failed to hold my attention so i will have to check it out again to see what you are talking about

Check out 2:22 in Shoreline Gold, thats a good spot with them.

what's this mean now?

Check out 2:22 in Shoreline Gold, thats a good spot with them.

i'm not hearing any live drumming but it's a cutup quantized samples of a live drummer, is that what you mean?

doesn't sound bad you got my hopes up by saying live drumming cause i was literally expecting that

Hmm, is this like 9999 times better than the first Last Step album by any chance? Because I don't like the first Last Step album very much.

Guest David R James
Why doesn't this album get brought up more often? Its fighting for the spot as my favorite album against SAW 85-92, its that good. Catchy melodies, lush timbres, fantastic production; not to mention Balazs ripping it up on drums for the majority of the album. All in all, a wonderful work of music.

Discuss.

I think it has been brought up b4 cos i made a thread ages ago. I now realise that i dont like it at all

Cakey is my favorite track on that album. 1961, along with Remano Eszildn's R-Tracks, got me to pay attention to planet-mu again.

well, definetly one of the best things out in the genre of IDM, and if MJ says so, SHAMOWN!!!!

when they're 4/4 they're basic and lame, when they're 15/16 they're silly, lol

btw, who the fuck is last step?!!?

oh ok it's snares...

Archived