IGNORED

traveling to Pittsburgh, Toronto, Montreal, and NYC

Guest Deep Fried Everything

get a burger at tessaro's in pittsburgh... also in the same neighborhood is one of my favorite vietnamese restaurants ever... tram's. their spring rolls are the best i've ever had. check out some of the art museums as well, and go to the church brewworks for the food (but their beer isn't that great).

Guest chax

when are you going to be in toronto exactly? there are various events going on constantly that you might be here for one of them. it's hard to suggest something unless you're into certain things but just the general CN Tower, Art Gallery of Ontario, etc.

when are you going to be in toronto exactly? there are various events going on constantly that you might be here for one of them. it's hard to suggest something unless you're into certain things but just the general CN Tower, Art Gallery of Ontario, etc.

I'm gonna be in Toronto on the 3rd of July, probably staying for a few nights. I read something about the Fringe Festival. I dunno though... music is a must, but reading online about the nightlife there has been pretty useless

There's a million things to do in Montreal. I see your from Australia, so think of Montreal as a mixture between North America and Europe. You don't say when you'll be here, because there's a million different festivals outside during summer so it might help.

alright it's lookin like this:

Toronto 2-5th July

Montreal 6-9th

NYC 10-13th

That's right in the middle of the Jazz Festival, perhaps the biggest in the world after New Orleans. Good timing! There's many other things to do also.

Wikitravel is your friend :

it is a city rich in culture and history, has an inordinate number of attractive, fashionably dressed people, and a well-deserved reputation as one of the liveliest cities in North America.

alright it's lookin like this:

Toronto 2-5th July

Montreal 6-9th

NYC 10-13th

That's right in the middle of the Jazz Festival, perhaps the biggest in the world after New Orleans. Good timing! There's many other things to do also.

it is a city rich in culture and history, has an inordinate number of attractive, fashionably dressed people, and a well-deserved reputation as one of the liveliest cities in North America.

Hell yeah, definitely seeing some jazz!

Guest Deep Fried Everything

just as a side note, when would the best time to visit montreal be? i've been wanting to catch mutek for the past few years but have always missed it for a variety of reasons, and i was wondering (besides this jazz festival) what other events or times of year weather-wise are the best for a visit.

The Jazz fest is the best time by far. I would have said the Formula One weekend but hey it will be back someday. If so, then the F1 is the best time. But during the Jazz fest, it's when the temperature is the best too. So that means the women are also :) (not that the rest of the year they aren't!).

Or else, come here during Christmas if you want the opposite, if you like snow/cold. It's also very beautiful.

Archived