IGNORED

WTF am i going to do?

Chris Moss Acid

I second Twin Peaks. It's set in a beautiful environment with lots of mountains and forests, watching it is soothing, most people in it are warm and kind, almost too perfect, love the coffee jokes. It's pretty absurdistic and sometimes goofy as well, that's what makes it one of the best shows out there.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

me and the missus watched the x-files from episode 1 season one thru to the end when she was pregnant.

it was a nice time.

Guest dese manz hatin

is "two and a half men" one of those series which are exposed to extreme hatred round here?

Guest analogue wings
is "two and a half men" one of those series which are exposed to extreme hatred round here?

I'm sure it's funny as fuck in German

i'm a few episodes from end of The Wire myself... it's really one of the best series i've seen. so far, my favorite series is Sopranos, then second place is a tie between Deadwood and The Wire. Twin Peaks comes a close third. so, definitely check out Sopranos, Deadwood and Twin Peaks.

Sopranos is simply perfect. every single season, every single episode, pure perfection. every episode is like a good movie.

Deadwood is also fantastic. such a shame they cancelled it, i just can't wrap my head around the fact that somebody pulled the plug on such a great tv show.

Twin Peaks is a real classic, deserves all the praise. Some episodes in the second season drag a bit for me, that's why i still haven't finished it yet.

if you want comedy, Trailer Park Boys is really special, i love it. might need a few episodes to get into though.

oh, and arrested development is shit. yep, it's shit. don't watch it, it'll hurt your brain.

Guest dese manz hatin

it is actually

Guest hahathhat

recently i've been njoying fine pirated episodes of house, md. rec. a+++ guv

p.s. sopranos

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i think house is great but its so samey i don't know if it works marathon style on dvd. 3 episodes back to back might be too much.

what about quincy!

i never got into sopranos. maybe i will try it again. how many seasons?

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

it is actually

if the show wasnt bad enough the theme tune will take your will to live

shit so the sopranos then... im gonna have to buy this shit on dvd though and i'd want to buy the whole lot... its gonna be expensive?

saw/got band of brothers alot, it is amazing. i did the entire series when i got it at xmas 2003 i think. just sat there and watched it all. it was awesome.

CBS has all the Twin peaks episodes for free but not where im from.

Guest Rambo

just started watching series 5 of 24 last night. I love the way Jack just quietly knocks someone unconscious by punching them in the mouth and then steals a helicopter.

Yeah Trailer Park Boys.

And for more insane canadians, Kenny vs Spenny.

Dexter, the first season was really good, then it started to get a bit hit-and-miss

Guest Mr Salads
Sopranos is the answer.

Im not going to get into the whole Wire vs Sopranos debate, but in my opinion Sopranos is still superior.

I dont know if I could say the same thing. I think the sopranos is a way more deeply flawed show that doesnt know what to do with loose ends. Bunch of dead end story lines that drop you off in the middle of nowhere. That got very frustrating and very old, quick. Sorry but I just cant endorse it with the same enthusiasm.

I am slightly intrigued by the praise battlestar galactica has received. Wouldnt mind venturing into that territory at some point

Guest Al Hounos

did someone say trailer park boys?

the first t-shirt i ever made (color is actually more lime):

post-2631-1244828090_thumb.jpg

Breaking Bad has been my semi replacement for the Wire

its the only modern show i can say has gone to similar heights

Rubin, Babar and Benedict say watch it so go do it!

its written and created by the guy who imo wrote some of the best X-files episodes he also wrote some odd movies that weren't really executed all that well by partially competent directors. he wrote that movie Hancock he also wrote this odd one called Home Fries that i actually really enjoyed with Luke Wilson

did someone say trailer park boys?

the first t-shirt i ever made (color is actually more lime):

give me one

Yeah Trailer Park Boys.

Dexter, the first season was really good, then it started to get a bit hit-and-miss

this.

Kenny vs Spenny is fucking hilarious and fantastically entertaining all the way through. They have wrapped up 5 seasons so far and it just gets more extreme and more hilarious as time goes by.

yeah x-files is entertaining until season 4 at least, then it's like flipping a coin

season 5 is the best one man

if you want comedy, Trailer Park Boys is really special, i love it. might need a few episodes to get into though.

oh, and arrested development is shit. yep, it's shit. don't watch it, it'll hurt your brain.

these statement should be saying the exact opposite

Yeah Trailer Park Boys.

this.

Kenny vs Spenny is fucking hilarious and fantastically entertaining all the way through. They have wrapped up 5 seasons so far and it just gets more extreme and more hilarious as time goes by.

Do you think that all of the shit is really like not staged?

And Robbie: the reason Trailer Park Boys works so well is cause it's so very true to life.

And definitely recommend Entourage again...fucking great.

Guest zaphod

sopranos, seriously. it finished incredibly strong; some of the best writing on a television show was in that last season. unlike the wire, i actually go back and watch episodes of the sopranos. the writing is stronger, the show is simply more entertaining and relatable than the wire ever was.

Archived