IGNORED

someone hire me please

Guest my usernames always really suck

Proficient in C, C++, C#, Java, Common LISP. Experienced writing programs in Windows and Linux environments. Comfortable with architecting highly-threaded software. Graphics API experience with both OpenGL and DirectX. College educated.

Come on, hire me, I'm your guy. It'll be the best decision you made in your entire life.

Willing to relocate, too. Anywhere in the world.

Guest maantecaaa!!!

unemployment rate for programmers in the u.s. was about 1.4% a couple of months ago...AND YOU'RE LOOKING FOR WORK ON WATMM?? come on man! get out there and get yoself a job!

i have a friend who writes code. he happens to be so ocd that it takes him 3 x more time to get shit done . he's really smart though with this stuff

I wasn't expecting job offers from posting on WATMM. I don't think anyone on WATMM is in any position to hire anybody in any field, lol.

I am getting frustrated with the vast majority of job listings on monster, dice, careerbuilder, hotjobs, etc which emphasize a desite for "x" years of experience and "have been involved in y number of shipped products" rather than a candidate's innate talent or abilities. Not having actual experience doesn't mean you can't do the work, but they tell you to fuck off before you even get the chance to prove yourself.

Guest zaphod

that's the catch 22 of most jobs though. you're supposed to get an unpaid internship in college or something and then network and eventually find a job. it's bullshit but that's how it seems to work. this is why a decent amount of friends of mine have degrees and are sitting on their asses doing nothing.

programming is the last place Id think experience is needed. Since its pretty easy to display your work. It either works or it doesn't

Guest zaphod

everyone i know that works in IT in the dc/virginia area needed two to three years of experience to land a decent job.

Find a job listing that requires like 5 years of experience in a language that's only been around for 2. Tell them you have 7.

Archived