IGNORED

anybody else feel this way about the UNABOMBER?

vamos scorcho

just read this article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unabomber

the way I feel:

fascinating and brilliant person. would never EVER have the balls to do what he did

but his ideas and thoughts make plenty of sense to me, in fact they were thoughts and beliefs I had already myself about the world.

especially regarding the term "over-socialized" or whatever it was

let me make it clear that i don't necessarily condone the use of violence in any situation, ever

and i don't think emotions are flaws

(sometimes I do feel that way - when I meditate this thought can be made truth)

Guest Mr Salads

fascinating and brilliant like my contracting asshole

it contracts, and it relaxes

thats fascinating, and its fucking brilliant

fucking watmm

It appeals to you because you feel society has rejected you.

hasn't that happened to the majority of posters on here? i don't believe society openly accepts idm sadly :cry:

Guest abusivegeorge

Fuck off and speak for yourself chax, society rapes me on a regualr basis it wants me that bad.

Fuck off and speak for yourself chax, society rapes me on a regualr basis it wants me that bad.

y so negativ ?

Guest abusivegeorge

I was being ironic :wink: .

And probably because at times I can be rather abusive.

And the fact you just called us all social rejects.

Never start a sentence with and, it's grammatically incorrect.

I don't really mean it when I tell people to fuck off, unless I mean it, and you'll know if I mean it.

his manifest is a good read, yes. too bad he went to live out in the wilderness. a man with a mind like that could mean so much more for society. a huge waste of potential.

Guest abusivegeorge

Yes, it's very clever to send bombs and kill people, massive potential.

His process behind it, and carrying it out, the "method" if you like, may well be genius, but he as a person, to do it, well isn't really.

just read the wiki if you haven't already.

he was, or is, an acadamic with huge potential. and - yes i start with an "and"! - reading the manifest he had an interesting point of view to bring into the public debate as well. the process you refer to has nothing to do with why he'd be so f*ing clever. that he went into the wilderness and turned coco after his favorite spot in the wilderness had been raped by a new road has not much to do with being "genius", i'll give you that.

Guest abusivegeorge
just read the wiki if you haven't already.

he was, or is, an acadamic with huge potential. and - yes i start with an "and"! - reading the manifest he had an interesting point of view to bring into the public debate as well. the process you refer to has nothing to do with why he'd be so f*ing clever. that he went into the wilderness and turned coco after his favorite spot in the wilderness had been raped by a new road has not much to do with "genius", i'll give you that.

Yea thats pretty much what I meant lol, I agree academically he's an extremely intelligent person, no denying that, and I suppose I was a bit harsh as he did lose his mind. So yeah I agree with you basically, I'm just not very good at getting my point accross.

And starting sentences with and in my book is perfectly fine, I do it all the time, but I like to politcally correct myself sometimes, because someone else on here will only do it for me.

just read this article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unabomber

the way I feel:

fascinating and brilliant person. would never EVER have the balls to do what he did

but his ideas and thoughts make plenty of sense to me, in fact they were thoughts and beliefs I had already myself about the world.

especially regarding the term "over-socialized" or whatever it was

i think it's pretty natural for anyone who sits in a shack for years on end with a copy of al gore's book to end up on a murderous bombing spree. nice avvy btw torgo

Guest Rabid

I think all three killers had awesome responses.

Oh, I know someone whose last name is also Kaczynski and he also is into wilderness survival/making bombs and shit like that. I haven't heard him talk about the Unabomber but now it seems obvious that that's who his role model is.

I think the unabomber is a good example of what can happen to a brilliant and cynical person when they are left to their own thoughts for too long a period of time

this part was quite interesting:

Students in Murray's Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)-sponsored study were told they would be debating personal philosophy with a fellow student.[9] Instead, they were subjected to the stress test, which was an extremely stressful and prolonged psychological attack by an anonymous attorney. During the test, students were strapped into a chair and connected to electrodes that monitored their physiological reactions, while facing bright lights and a two-way mirror. This was filmed, and students' expressions of impotent rage were played back to them several times later in the study. According to Chase, Kaczynski's records from that period suggest he was emotionally stable when the study began. Kaczynski's lawyers attributed some of his emotional instability and dislike of mind control to his participation in this study.[9][10]

it wouldn't surprise me if this experience did leave some lasting impact. I was in one of these types of experiments when in school and felt manipulated and resentful. There is no doubt that many in the psych profession are willing to do some questionable shit in the name of test results (Milgram, et al)

this part was quite interesting:

Students in Murray's Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)-sponsored study were told they would be debating personal philosophy with a fellow student.[9] Instead, they were subjected to the stress test, which was an extremely stressful and prolonged psychological attack by an anonymous attorney. During the test, students were strapped into a chair and connected to electrodes that monitored their physiological reactions, while facing bright lights and a two-way mirror. This was filmed, and students' expressions of impotent rage were played back to them several times later in the study. According to Chase, Kaczynski's records from that period suggest he was emotionally stable when the study began. Kaczynski's lawyers attributed some of his emotional instability and dislike of mind control to his participation in this study.[9][10]

it wouldn't surprise me if this experience did leave some lasting impact. I was in one of these types of experiments when in school and felt manipulated and resentful. There is no doubt that many in the psych profession are willing to do some questionable shit in the name of test results (Milgram, et al)

Wow. That's incredibly twisted. Psychology is a pretty dark thing in some ways. It can be used for good or for evil. The paragraph you posted really scared me. Sounds like a really, really bad trip happening in real life. That would feel like a nightmare to me.

Archived