IGNORED

Help with accomodation in London

Guest covenant

Guest covenant

Hello everybody.

Once again, thank you for keeping posting great tips!

The place that BCM told me looks great. Also the YHA hostel that Coalbucket PI said looks great.

I'll have to make up my mind. I love to walk, and these vacations will be with the backpack full of food and walk all day, trying to see the most I can. I've never been to London but allways wanted to.

I'm going to do something I've never done. I managed to get a flight that will arrive at Standsten at 23:45. This flight will cost me 10.00Eur from Porto-Portugal. Thank you Ryanair. I will try to spend the night on the airport and get the Bus to London as soon as the sun rises. My flight back to Portugal is also 10.00Eur, so this way I can spend a bit more on a place to sleep.

Food... I guess it will be on the base of sanduiches and canned food :) It's going to be a cool adventure, all by myself.

couchsurfing.org is a great way of visiting different places very cheap. I would apply for a couch if I could also host couchsurfers (but I don't have the conditions to do it).

If anyone want to visit Portugal, and Porto city, feel free to contact me :)

Keep giving such great tips. I'm starting to do a map with the places you guys are suggesting .

yeah, that couch surf thing is great. my brothers old borderline-hippy flatmates were into it. you have a rating/review system to eliminate the chance of getting either nutters or staying with them. alot of the ethos seems to be ensuring the people you stay with take you around/show you a good time rather than just giving you an impersonal place to crash. they had a load of people round last summer and are now sorted for holidays this summer - one guy turned out to have (in exchange for a sofa and many a night at squat parties in hackney) his parents deluxe austrian alps holiday home.

community 1 capitalism 0

Guest covenant

Greetings,

>>Coalbucket PI - I thinking on staying at YHA London St Paul's hostel.

It's 135 pound for 5 nights (but doesn't include breakfast). Food I will have to hunt down cheap places.

I think it's good because it's relatively close to everything.

What do you guys think? Is this a good area?

Thank you

Greetings,

It's 135 pound for 5 nights (but doesn't include breakfast). Food I will have to hunt down cheap places.

Thank you

Yep, pretty good area, close to one of my offices. There's a fucking brilliant little food joint near there called Fuzzies, it's like Subway but the food is like a traditional English Sunday roast. Which you can get in either a bun or container. If I get the name of the street I'll give you directions to it, it's great for lunch and 20% off on Mondays and Tuesdays. Make sure you print Google Maps to places like Oxford St, don't bother tubing it when it's a short walk. Camden however from there you're better off getting the tube.

http://www.qype.co.uk/place/132068-Fuzzys-Grub-Ltd-London

Yum

Rather than start a new thread, will post this here.

Currently looking for a new flatshare. Using gumtree (which is annoying wading through the scam ads) and spareroom, am I missing any useful resources for flat hunting in London?

(Central London to Camden is not that bad a walk, about 2k. Go via bloomsbury and take in some of the architechture)

(Central London to Camden is not that bad a walk, about 2k. Go via bloomsbury and take in some of the architechture)

Actually, fuck it I agree with this, walk everywhere mate. I forget that even the parts of London that are bland to me are fascinating to tourists.

Guest Coalbucket PI
Greetings,

Thank you

It is definitely the perfect location, you will be able to walk almost everywhere. I think that price sounds good, is that for a shared dorm room?

Guest covenant

That price is for a single bedroom. Has one bed.

If I want it at that price I must pay the total amount in one week.

I'm starting to feel anxious :) and I still have to work for 2 whole months before the trip :'(

you might be into it, but i wouldn't recommend staying in a shared dorm room in a hostel. one and only time i did it was a fucking nightmare and i got zero sleep.

Guest chelsea303

Good choice considering the St.Pauls YHA... looks really good, everytime I go past it. Fantastic location for central London...

If you want something different, try this though:

NEW CROSS INN

The pub is a wee bit shit, but the hostel seems to be attended by some rather interesting people. Bit more out of the way, but 5 mis into central London, so it's no problem, nice pubs round new cross too... :beer:

Guest chelsea303

I didn't say it was the Dorchester, but it's like 12 quid a night... The New Cross Inn itself is a fucking shithole however!

Guest covenant

I booked the St.Pauls YHA. For that price, a single room, it's a great deal.

Let's hope Ryanair don't cancel the flight :| , because after London, it's Barcelona the same month :)

Guest Iain C
Currently looking for a new flatshare.

Likewise...

:angry:

(don't suppose you want to get a place in New Cross? :wink:)

Guest Iain C

Ah, I've been to some decent parties in Camberwell, it seems like a nice area. I'm hoping to get out of the south east altogether I think. I'd like to see what life is like on the other side of the river!

couchsurfing.org is a great way of visiting different places very cheap. I would apply for a couch if I could also host couchsurfers (but I don't have the conditions to do it).

If anyone want to visit Portugal, and Porto city, feel free to contact me :)

but you don't need to offer a couch to participate. most people on there are there offering just "meet for coffee" anyway.

couchsurfing is "teh shit". done it both ways, will keep doing it.

Guest chelsea303
Ah, I've been to some decent parties in Camberwell, it seems like a nice area. I'm hoping to get out of the south east altogether I think. I'd like to see what life is like on the other side of the river!

There is no life on the other side of the river, just yuppies and St.Martins students!

• 2 weeks later...

I can recommend the Clink Hostel near to Kings Cross. We only stayed there for 2 hours sleep and a shower and kinda regretted it, that we had to leave so early. (missed the all you can eat breakfast...)

cons: the place is a friggin maze, but they had speakers installed on every floor.. mouse on mars playing as we arrived :)

Archived