IGNORED

Welcome To The Upgraded Forum

Joyrex

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think what I miss is the compactness. The username bar for each post is really big, and so is the 'Report ... Reply ... Multiquote' bar at the bottom. Before, you could scroll through posts pretty quickly, but as it is now each post takes up almost the whole page.

I think that, plus how wide the avator & user info. column is, is what makes this design look so huge, cluttered and difficult.

If I voted on any changes it would be to somehow compress the design.

postal edit: I removed my avator to increase readability and encourage others to do the same!

it's avatar, and I agree on the "openess" of the design - it will be something I'll try and address on the redesign.

Cool. The same goes for the list of threads in a forum; they're only separated by slight variations in the bars' color, rather than by neat dividing lines, which would allow for a uniform bg color that I think would look nicer.

edit: avitor

Guest elliotjking

Cool. The same goes for the list of threads in a forum; they're only separated by slight variations in the bars' color, rather than by neat dividing lines, which would allow for a uniform bg color that I think would look nicer.

this

I also preferred the clearer distinction between pinned topics and regular topics simply for laziness

this

I also preferred the clearer distinction between pinned topics and regular topics simply for laziness

Agreed on both counts - I might be able to make minor changes to this skin to achieve that in short order...

I feel bad for complaining, since I know fuck-all about programming and couldn't do a single thing to help. :(

I do appreciate any effort at redesign.

Is there a list somewhere of the features of this version of the board?

allow me to say, likely 10 pages too late, that the forum looks excellent and has a very nice feel about it... the only thing i've got issue with is that it blows chunks on my 14.4k @home, but there's probably some way to scale down the graphics and whatnot which will help out... but yeah seeing as i'm probably one of a million stuck with 14.4k @home (it's part of comcast's evil plan to completely fuck up dialup internet users and be like "we don't know what's wrong... ask your ISP... hey did you know we sell *high speed* internet?!" the fuckers.

but yeah propers bestowed

greetings!

i do not like the new version of forum,

things are broken and it's fucking ugly.

i would like you to revert it back to the previous version.

as soon as possible.

kind regards,

jure zitnik

aka kokoon

allow me to say, likely 10 pages too late, that the forum looks excellent and has a very nice feel about it... the only thing i've got issue with is that it blows chunks on my 14.4k @home, but there's probably some way to scale down the graphics and whatnot which will help out... but yeah seeing as i'm probably one of a million stuck with 14.4k @home (it's part of comcast's evil plan to completely fuck up dialup internet users and be like "we don't know what's wrong... ask your ISP... hey did you know we sell *high speed* internet?!" the fuckers.

but yeah propers bestowed

Try using the Lo-Fi skin - it's minimal graphics and should work better on your dialup connection.

greetings!

i do not like the new version of forum,

things are broken and it's fucking ugly.

i would like you to revert it back to the previous version.

as soon as possible.

kind regards,

jure zitnik

aka kokoon

What's "broken" on the forums?

And no, no going back. Ever.

the only thing that would happen is some people would have like -1000000. that's it.

No, people get offended, complain, whine, have little battles in threads about who reped them down, etc. More time would be worrying about reps instead of focusing on making posts that matter.

Guest Etch

Brown. I want it all to be covered in the colour brown and gold and white and pale blue with mauve hightlights and lime green logos with animated lettering that spells out the word in itselfness to make it easier. And I want accents for diffent nations and tangible odours for each post about poo or drugs.

plz

The new forum killed off the inline mp3 player. win.

Ah, crap - I think it was the new "media" tag that did it - let me do a test here:

http://metanoiamedia.com/treasurechest/attigspace/musicshare/glasse/01%20RY-30_01%20Redux.mp3

Yeah, it has it own built-in media player, apparently by Yahoo!

Guest my usernames always really suck

colour

hightlights

itselfness

diffent

odours

michael_ironside_scanning_you580.png

Guest Iain C

Brown. I want it all to be covered in the colour brown and gold and white and pale blue with mauve hightlights and lime green logos with animated lettering that spells out the word in itselfness to make it easier. And I want accents for diffent nations and tangible odours for each post about poo or drugs.

plz

Your new avatar reminds me of a painting I saw once when I was on acid except it was a woman not a horse.

Archived