IGNORED

Welcome To The Upgraded Forum

Joyrex

Guest IRARI

this new forum is absolute shit. except the ability to scroll through multiple attachments (aka squees nice tits posts) by just clicking on one photo. that is nice. so many tits.

See, this is what I'm talking about - if you don't like it, LEAVE. Find a forum you like. Seems like people just complain for the sake of doing so.

this would be a good point if people were complaining about the watmm members in general.

no one comes here for the layout of the forum (i hope), they come here because of the people they interact with. and now trying to interact with these people is an eyesore.

Honestly, this is one of the stupidest things I have heard yet - it happens every time the forum upgrades and the default skin changes (for the better), and eventually everyone gets used to it, and then it changes, and everyone bitches again. Utter stupidity, and hardly within the realm of valid opinion. I could see some constructive criticism of some design choices by the skin makers (I have a few myself), but I'd hardly say it was an "eyesore", and considering IPB is one of the most popular (if not the most popular) for-pay messageboard software available, I'd say they sorta know what the fuck they are doing.

i'm so lost, but i like that watmm feels new.

i think we should keep the + / - rating but change it to something like "lol" "not lol"

it'll help with the watmm awards for most lol. which LOL should be excluded from to avoid confusion

That's actually a pretty good idea, if it weren't for the fact so far everyone is using the rep buttons to exact petty revenge on those they feel "deserve" it...

let the record show that i have not yet and will never vote a post up or down

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and considering IPB is one of the most popular (if not the most popular) for-pay messageboard software available, I'd say they sorta know what the fuck they are doing.

I like how you call his opinion stupid and baseless and then fall back on the "popularity == high quality" fallacy to make a point.

giving you +1 rep for making me lol.

No, as usual, you didn't READ what I wrote - I said that considering they are one of the most popular for-pay messageboard software packages, that due to their success and large install base, they get much more user feedback than say if I developed my own forum software and only had you guys to give me feedback. I never once implied that popularity was equal to high quality, but rather more scrutiny, and thus, more in tune with users' feedback.

Guest Saskrotch

but i mean if youre going to talk about "the realm of valid opinion", wouldnt the fact that the opinion is shared with a large amount of people make it more valid?

but i mean if youre going to talk about "the realm of valid opinion", wouldnt the fact that the opinion is shared with a large amount of people make it more valid?

Yes, in most cases that would be true, but here, people typically adopt the lemming mentality and simply agree or disagree for the sake of it rather than actually forming their own ideas and opinions.

humour

Which reminds me, how about adding a mandatory spellchecker to the site?

Yes, but only if it uses Korean spellings and respects SI units.

multiquote button!

comp for the top left logo would be cool

I've already changed it; the WATMM 'brand' as it were is something I generally retain creative control over, but I am open to suggestions/ideas.

Considering the site skin/colours will almost certainly change, it too probably will as well.

Guest my usernames always really suck

I never once implied that popularity was equal to high quality, but rather more scrutiny, and thus, more in tune with users' feedback.

Okay

But even then, that's an assumption. I would think as an avid user of Sony products, you would know from experience that this isn't always true.

I never once implied that popularity was equal to high quality, but rather more scrutiny, and thus, more in tune with users' feedback.

Okay

But even then, that's an assumption. I would think as an avid user of Sony products, you would know from experience that this isn't always true.

My use of Sony products is limited to the PSP and PS3 - I used to like their TVs and home theatre equipment, but sadly the quality has gone down in recent years in my experience. Your pathetic attempts to get digs in at me however, are amusing.

Guest Enter a new display name

The text editor is no longer available while writing a PM? That would be nice to get it back.

The text editor is no longer available while writing a PM? That would be nice to get it back.

Erm, I see it - do you see the editor when posting replies?

Erm, I see it - do you see the editor when posting replies?

No.

post-667-12464200087853_thumb.jpg

I meant regular posts - and what did you do to get that popup editor?

Oh, yeah I see the text editor for regular posts. That popup came up when I clicked the envelope below your avatar. PMs are all written on that popup now, apparently.

Oh, yeah I see the text editor for regular posts. That popup came up when I clicked the envelope below your avatar. PMs are all written on that popup now, apparently.

Ah, that's the quick PM tool - if you want the full-featured editor, simply click on the small icon next to a user's name and a balloon note will pop up, and within it there's a link that will give you the full-featured editor.

Lots of neat new features to discover on this forum!

Guest Franklin

i read 8 fucking pages to find out what the "reputation" thing was to find out it's been turned off. lol. - points for everybody except tauboo.

Guest Franklin

just as a general note joyrex it's kinda annoying having the pinned posts integrated into the rest. not sure if you or anybody else cares about that.

just as a general note joyrex it's kinda annoying having the pinned posts integrated into the rest. not sure if you or anybody else cares about that.

You mean at the top of the forums? Would you suggest some sort of separation of them from the rest, or something similar? It's always been like that, but I see your point.

Archived