IGNORED

I want a genius

Guest joshier

Guest joshier

I want a super genius as a friend.

At my work place there is one guy who understands a vast amount of knowledge, we are talking 'wow fuck, impressive'.

It's extremely interesting to me because I have so many questions to ask. It's the main reason I work there.

I don't know why I didn't think about it a long time ago.. it's amazing knowing someone who know so much (and so intelligent), it's like having access to god himself.

Do you have any friends like this? Do you think it is good? what are the drawbacks? (The guy I know lacks social skills and physical activities seemingly in his life)

I want a super genius as a friend.

At my work place there is one guy who understands a vast amount of knowledge, we are talking 'wow fuck, impressive'.

It's extremely interesting to me because I have so many questions to ask. It's the main reason I work there.

I don't know why I didn't think about it a long time ago.. it's amazing knowing someone who know so much (and so intelligent), it's like having access to god himself.

Do you have any friends like this? Do you think it is good? what are the drawbacks? (The guy I know lacks social skills and physical activities seemingly in his life)

I think you answered your own question there chief.

Guest Iain C

it's like having access to god himself.

There's a way to get access to the real thing: it's called the Bible.

Guest joshier

Maybe, but maybe not. I'm wondering if anyone else shares any similar experience with this.

I just want to make this clear; I don't think a good memory is equal to high intelligence. Although I know a lot of people who believe this to be true. It's kinda funny.

knowing a lot of stuff isn't genius

what's your work place?

I only work there part time. It's a software company.

There's a way to get access to the real thing: it's called the Bible.

i still think you're fucking joking.

i work in a government science research lab, couple thousand or so people, and everyone there has a phd. cleaning staff are the only ones there without phds. it is quite intimidating. no matter what your question is, there is probably somebody on the campus who is an expert in that field

Maybe, but maybe not. I'm wondering if anyone else shares any similar experience with this.

I just want to make this clear; I don't think a good memory is equal to high intelligence. Although I know a lot of people who believe this to be true. It's kinda funny.

knowing a lot of stuff isn't genius

what's your work place?

I only work there part time. It's a software company.

It's pretty cool the way you fail hard in every thread you you post. Pretty cool nerd there. Lives with mum, yeah. Dad split but left the internet on. Failed attempt at video making 3 years ago. Welcome to Joshiers world.

Joshier = FAIL

Guest joshier

There's a way to get access to the real thing: it's called the Bible Google.

For every genius indexed on google, there's 1,000 ignorant dicks and strong 50k fleet of youtube commenter's - all ranging from the ages; 9 to 13. Mostly male.

Who would have guessed that a 120Bn strong corporation would indirectly turn towards single handedly assisting children & teens post shit videos like 'HI I FINK MIKEL WAS PEDO!!!!'. What a fucked up situation. There are only like 2% of decent videos on youtube. I honestly think it has hurt humanity.

Guest joshier

It's pretty cool the way you fail hard in every thread you you post. Pretty cool nerd there. Lives with mum, yeah. Dad split but left the internet on. Failed attempt at video making 3 years ago. Welcome to Joshiers world.

Joshier = FAIL

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Failed attempt at video making 3 years ago"?? I've never done video.

Guest joshier

I'm a genius. Sup?

Right,

- Why hasn't there been a bigger implementation of bluetooth heart monitors that connect to your mobile phone that sends a signal when your hearts beating an extremely low pulse (or rather, if it stops) to the local hospital?

- Has there been a health study that is extremely thorough so that people in the field of research are able to use the data to correlate potential "coincidences" which can then be linked up to say, historical data showing any relation to illnesses / colds etc. For example; Mike has been using X shampoo, and he's now starting to be more susceptible to the common cold. Or, he's been going through stress lately and X statistics have spiked up (such as the amount of times he eats a particular food or drink). Or 2,000 people who drink water daily are generally happier than people who don't. Or, people who have lived in X country and then move to a totally different place on the Y axis of earth then live there for the rest of their lives then go crazy (magnet field).

I'm a genius. Sup?

Right,

- Why hasn't there been a bigger implementation of bluetooth heart monitors that connect to your mobile phone that sends a signal when your hearts beating an extremely low pulse (or rather, if it stops) to the local hospital?

- Has there been a health study that is extremely thorough so that people in the field of research are able to use the data to correlate potential "coincidences" which can then be linked up to say, historical data showing any relation to illnesses / colds etc. For example; Mike has been using X shampoo, and he's now starting to be more susceptible to the common cold. Or, he's been going through stress lately and X statistics have spiked up (such as the amount of times he eats a particular food or drink). Or 2,000 people who drink water daily are generally happier than people who don't. Or, people who have lived in X country and then move to a totally different place on the Y axis of earth then live there for the rest of their lives then go crazy (magnet field).

to study the effects of one thing on another, all other things should be held constant. that would be such a mish-mash of data (and a waste of time) that you wouldn't be able to infer anything at all

I'm a genius. Sup?

beat me to it.

i knew this semi autistic kid in college. he was a philosophy genius. he could remember quotes from books he had read. like whole quotes. it was wild. and he would explain dasein to me, and shit. seriously, this kid genuinely was a genius. he was socially inept, and he knew it. i miss him, honestly. after i left college i cut off all contact with the people i'd met. i took acid with him and he told me something that i'll never forget.

"either life is a puzzle you can't solve, making you bad at solving puzzles - or life is a work of art that is constantly being painted."

changed my life.

then i know a few people i consider to be "genius" in their own ways. my closest friends. the drawback is that they perpetuate the insanity, we perpetuate it in one another. it can be strange.

YEP

i'm betting there is a lot of genius on this message board here. seems like there are some great musicians around these parts, and great artists.

Guest abusivegeorge

I am a genieyas you stewpid fat kunt.

*No ofense ment was jst triin to sho u my inteleked.*

I've known some "geniuses." Dated one. Had another as a roommate; turned out he was gay, became obsessed with me, had a breakdown where he thought the head of the writing program we worked for was trying to kill him, and ended up jumping in front of a bus to end it all (unsuccessful; have no idea if he has since succeeded). Know a piano tuner who is very socially inept but can pick up languages insanely quickly (as in, Chinese, Thai, in a matter of months). Seems like all highly intelligent people I've met have an underlying level of high sensitivity/touchiness which is something I'm glad I lack.

Guest abusivegeorge

Seems like all highly intelligent people I've met have an underlying level of high sensitivity/touchiness which is something I'm glad I lack.

Thats because you lack the other bit though.

Only kidding lumpy love you really.

(Honestly though).

Seems like all highly intelligent people I've met have an underlying level of high sensitivity/touchiness which is something I'm glad I lack.

Thats because you lack the other bit though.

Yeah that's what I meant :lol: Whenever I wish I had more cards in my deck, I remind myself that from what I can tell it's probably not all it's cracked up to be.

Though if you can keep all your marbles together, at least you'll have good job security.

Speaking of geniuses, my "genius" ex girlfriend (MIT engineering grad in fluid dynamics) is coming to visit Shanghai for the solar eclipse. We are going to meet again for the first time in five years. I don't think she has a boyfriend and she has mentioned she drinks now. I think I broke her, lol.

i knew this semi autistic kid in college. he was a philosophy genius. he could remember quotes from books he had read. like whole quotes. it was wild. and he would explain dasein to me, and shit. seriously, this kid genuinely was a genius. he was socially inept, and he knew it. i miss him, honestly. after i left college i cut off all contact with the people i'd met. i took acid with him and he told me something that i'll never forget.

"either life is a puzzle you can't solve, making you bad at solving puzzles - or life is a work of art that is constantly being painted."

changed my life.

then i know a few people i consider to be "genius" in their own ways. my closest friends. the drawback is that they perpetuate the insanity, we perpetuate it in one another. it can be strange.

YEP

i'm betting there is a lot of genius on this message board here. seems like there are some great musicians around these parts, and great artists.

i knew a similar person

Archived