IGNORED

Want your music playing at the 48 Hour Film Festival?

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

once again pinning a thread caused me to miss it for over a week. nice work mods

Aw well, but I've got your statement now, so no problems. I'm still waiting for Erothyme's reply though - if you don't make it in time, I'll just take a printout of this thread with me, that should make it pretty clear that you allow me to use the tracks, I think. I'm leaving for the train station in about 5 hours.

Weeeeeeeeell, the production period is over, we got the film done and I arrived back home yesterday. I am semi-satisfied with the result (let me elaborate later on) - Two tracks were used: Blue Shrouds and Rainclouds by Erothyme and an ambient piece that was sent to me privately by another member!

I can't show you the film yet since it hasn't even been screened yet, nor rated, I think I have to tell the festival people before uploading it at any time, too... mh. We'll find a way.

Now, the filming itself... the genre we drew out of the hat was "Buddy Film" :huh: It was okay though. Could have been worse. The object we had to include was a plain old toolbox, the line was "Oh boy, I forgot!" (quite easy) and the character was a "controller" of sorts, which apparently was open for interpretation. We were shooting in Berlin and at my friend's parents' "farm" about two hours away, just barely made it back in the time limit on sunday. While making the movie I had one shower, two meals, slept for 6 hours from thursday till sunday all together, spent one whole night wandering about in Kreuzberg cause the guy we thought we could sleep at threw us out of his place - just the usual. :blush:

The film turned out allright imo but kind of schizophrenic. Our biggest issue were internal disagreements, I think. I wanted to do one thing and the other two wanted to do their thing... so the results are a bit compromised, which isn't cool. We eventually sort of split the film into two segments, indoor- and outdoor-scenes, the outdoor ones being the ones I made (camera, cut etc). I was okay with this splitting idea since it allows me to get a little distance between me and the aspects of the film I do not like - but the change in style is damaging to the overall dramaturgy and composition of the film, I think (though talking about dramaturgy is a little much I guess, since it's all really a huge spontaneous mess ;) ) After all, there are a couple of nice shots I got in Berlin that made it into the finished film, there are a couple of hasty or "routine" looking ones as well though (probably understandable, given the time limit), some parts work pretty well on their own, plus the ending turned out to be kind of fun. One weird project for sure.

I can't really say anything else right now, I got no idea how the film will be received around there. I'll keep you up to date when I hear more!

Archived