IGNORED

it makes me sad I didn't discover electronic music during the 90's

karmakramer

I get nostalgia about the forties. SS uniforms, "heil Hitler" all that jazz.. Gives me a warm feeling inside.

Seriously though, do people think artists are spoiled by all the available music hardware and software these days? Back in the day artists had much less and had to really stretch what they did have (see AE), but recently any noob can get a cracked piece of software and make any old shit (see me). Some might say it's too easy, and that's why the industry is so diluted with boring crap and IDM is "dead".

[/armchair pundit]

Guest Iain C

damnit what in the heck is wrong with this iain dude. damn it.

I'm the best ever. I'm the most brutal and vicious, the most ruthless champion there has ever been. No one can stop me. Karmakramer is a conqueror? No! He's no Alexander! I'm Alexander! I'm the best ever. I'm Sonny Liston. I'm Jack Dempsey. There's never been anyone like me. I'm from their cloth. There is no one who can match me. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want his heart! I want to eat his children! Praise be to Allah!

Seriously though, do people think artists are spoiled by all the available music hardware and software these days? Back in the day artists had much less and had to really stretch what they did have (see AE), but recently any noob can get a cracked piece of software and make any old shit (see me). Some might say it's too easy, and that's why the industry is so diluted with boring crap and IDM is "dead".

[/armchair pundit]

It's easier to make something that is shit. It is harder than ever to break the mold and not do thing the way they are dictated by modern programs. Less people are willing to think outside the box. You also have to remember that the line to break new groud has been getting thinner and thinner as well.

Guest theSun

it makes me a little sad when i listen to ep7 and think "wtf was i doing listening to green day and blink 182?" then i realize i was 11.

Guest Stoppit

I wish I'd got into aphex, autechre, squarepusher etc when I was younger

but I have been listening to d&b artists like photek, source direct etc and hip hop like wu-tang since I was 12. I'm quite proud of my 12 year-old self's musical taste, especially seeing as there were no outside influences such as older brothers or friends* that introduced me to it, and I had to discover it all for myself.

*I just want to point out that I had friends. They just had shit taste in music.

Archived