IGNORED

good audiobooks

tec

I have been looking for something to do between sending out inevitably unsuccessful job applications and losing my dole cash on cheap wine. To escape catching a horrible strain of cabin fever I decided that it would be a nice idea to go out on an hour long walk everyday. Can anyone recommend good audiobooks to keep me company on these journeys and distract me from the casual violence enacted on the streets of South London?

i might add the worst audio book ive ever heard was the road. so fucking boring.

wheres your flute?

i threw it away?

you threw it away?

yes

ok

ok

thats the majority of the book. father and son talking the same dioage after each other. i dont think i can finish this book if its like this any more.

thats the majority of the book. father and son talking the same dioage after each other. i dont think i can finish this book if its like this any more.

Unfortunately it is. I found in a real struggle to get through (especially as I've only read like 10 books in my life) - they trundle about a bit and get hungry, find some place with food then trundle about a bit more (rinse, repeat)

Guest Iain C

Under Milk Wood by Dylan Thomas. It's a radio play... and I went through this period of listening to it about once a day back in November

Unfortunately it is. I found in a real struggle to get through (especially as I've only read like 10 books in my life) - they trundle about a bit and get hungry, find some place with food then trundle about a bit more (rinse, repeat)

Way to miss the point entirely... Maybe try reading the actual novel, it could just be cursed with poor voice-acting.

Yeah the actual book is amazing. I can't really imagine it translating to audio too well.

Thanks Iain C, will be sure to give it a listen.

I'm thinking about making a start on some Alan Bennett, I have just always been turned off by the idea in the past after his criticism of Witchfinder General. Fickle I know!

i did read the book and listen o the audio book as well as reading it at the same time.. the audio book is slow as fuck and utter shit.. least when i read it i can skim a page of repeating diolog. but still i dont liek the repetativeness of it or the sons questions all the time.

Maybe try reading the actual novel, it could just be cursed with poor voice-acting.

It was the book that I read, it's unusual as it sounded like something I'd really like but, well I didn't

Guest abusivegeorge

Tony Robinsons Midsummer nights dream.

It doesn't just contain this story though, there about 8 altogther I think, including the one where the broomstick gets broken in half and it just regrows and they keep multiplying and stuff and the house floods, its awesome just get it.

• 13 years later...

image.png.7199f9341cd7de18acc02df283dabc03.png

:wtf:

also ...

• Red Dwarf: Infinity Welcomes Careful Drivers (Audiobook)
A complete unabridged audiobook, read by regular cast member Chris Barrie (who plays Arnold Rimmer in the series) was released by Laughing Stock Productions in 1992. It has a total play time of about 8 hours and 15 minutes, and is now available in a variety of formats, including digital download from Audible.com. A much shorter abridged version also circulates.

barrie is quite the voice wiz, xlnt.

Edited by iococoi

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...