IGNORED

PS3 and PS3 Slim Price Now 299USD/Euro

Joyrex

joyrex, i might be looking into a ps3/mgs4/cod4:2. .. . . . you know any deals coming up

Here's a current deal WAL*MART is running:

http://dealnews.com/Sony-Play-Station-3-160-GB-Uncharted-Bundle-for-299-8-s-h/325298.html

Dell sometimes (and frequently) has some really, really good deals on PS3s. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i bought the slim and my only complaint is the noise. do i need to put it in the freezer before i play? huh huh?

i bought the slim and my only complaint is the noise. do i need to put it in the freezer before i play? huh huh?

Really? The Slim is supposed to be a few db quieter than the prior model... is it in a well-ventilated place?

not really its in a poky shelf. guess i need to move it.

Yeah, they need room for proper air circulation - if you have an entertainment centre or console, set it on top or knock out the backing on the cubbyhole you've got it in.

Some moron found out about the slim release, wrote a letter to GameInformer, something along the lines of; "I bought the PS3 when it came out for like $400, now they made the little version, can I get reimbursed?"

GameInformer very politely told him "No. Welcome to capitalism, jackass."

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

Why does the PS3 browser still suck balls?

No pdf support

southparkstudios.com causes the PS3 to fucking lock up -- that's right, it doesn't just crash the browser. The piece of shit opera browser for the Nokia E71 can even handle flash videos on sites like youtube, tube8, and southpark.

No real way to increase font size -- I have to zoom the whole screen. Even my fucking cell phone browser can zoom text?

Why didn't they just slam Opera or Firefox or Chrome on this fucking thing?! Why does it have to be so fucking useless!

Why is there no VLC for PS3?

No pdf support

southparkstudios.com causes the PS3 to fucking lock up -- that's right, it doesn't just crash the browser. The piece of shit opera browser for the Nokia E71 can even handle flash videos on sites like youtube, tube8, and southpark.

No real way to increase font size -- I have to zoom the whole screen. Even my fucking cell phone browser can zoom text?

Why didn't they just slam Opera or Firefox or Chrome on this fucking thing?! Why does it have to be so fucking useless!

Why is there no VLC for PS3?

First of all, make sure you're on the latest firmware (3.0.1).

This might help you: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/network/index.html

Also, YouTube videos (any flash video site, really) work fine on the PS3. I've had no problems.

Why would you need a video player for PS3? It plays most video formats just fine, and you can always stream videos from your Mac/PC to the PS3...

When will I be able to play music while playing games? I'm really enjoying this Pixeljunk Eden game on PSN but I want to select my own music dammit!

When will I be able to play music while playing games? I'm really enjoying this Pixeljunk Eden game on PSN but I want to select my own music dammit!

PixelJunk Eden has fantastic music to begin with (soundtrack is available for download as well), but custom soundtracks are up to the individual developer, not Sony. There are several PS3 games that allow this.

Why don't you just play some music on your CD player/mp3 player at the same time if you're that fussed....

Why don't you just play some music on your CD player/mp3 player at the same time if you're that fussed....

Yep - and, you can go into PixelJunk Eden's settings, and turn the music effects all the way off (I believe so). Get the sound effects with your own music.

i really need a slim because the electric bill is fucking killing me...ive already ruled the air conditioning out...and i usually only have about one light on at any given time in my apartment.

i really need a slim because the electric bill is fucking killing me...ive already ruled the air conditioning out...and i usually only have about one light on at any given time in my apartment.

Do what I did - I put all our home theatre stuff (including the PS3) on a power strip with an on/off switch, with the exception of the cable box (since it takes ages to boot up if turned fully off) - the PS3 and other devices that have a "standby mode" actually consume as much power as being fully on. The PS3 especially - even when in standby (the red light on the front) still consumes almost as much power compared to when it's on fully. Since I did that, I've noticed a reduction in our electric bill, and have gotten the family used to going and flipping a switch to turn on the plasma TV, PS3, home theatre system.

Do what I did - I put all our home theatre stuff (including the PS3) on a power strip with an on/off switch, with the exception of the cable box (since it takes ages to boot up if turned fully off) - the PS3 and other devices that have a "standby mode" actually consume as much power as being fully on. The PS3 especially - even when in standby (the red light on the front) still consumes almost as much power compared to when it's on fully. Since I did that, I've noticed a reduction in our electric bill, and have gotten the family used to going and flipping a switch to turn on the plasma TV, PS3, home theatre system.

We did something similar, only we plugged the strip into an outlet with a wall switch. I read that the slim PS3 uses less energy (despite it's lack of I/O button) than the original, is there any merit to that?

We did something similar, only we plugged the strip into an outlet with a wall switch. I read that the slim PS3 uses less energy (despite it's lack of I/O button) than the original, is there any merit to that?

Yes, it does consume less power (especially in "standby mode", but I'd still turn it fully off.

God of War III demo just came out.. it looks damn good.. hhhhgugggggguggugugugguguguggg :emotawesomepm9:

Got an extra code for a certain webmaster?

ehh, WTF, ok it's kind of out.. then i saw where you could watch it through some sites that recorded it, but turned it off after the menu screen.

ehh, WTF, ok it's kind of out.. then i saw where you could watch it through some sites that recorded it, but turned it off after the menu screen.

Oh, you mean VIDEOS of it - that's nothing new:

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/digitalfoundry-god-of-war-3-e3-demo-performance-part-1?size=hd

I thought you had a download code, as some were rumoured to already be floating about...

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

No pdf support

got to agree its awful, really really horrible. i don't have the keyb so that makes it worse but even with the keyb it must be horrible.

No pdf support

got to agree its awful, really really horrible. i don't have the keyb so that makes it worse but even with the keyb it must be horrible.

It's passable in a pinch, but yes, how lazy are you not to get up and go use the computer or have a laptop handy. Plus, the biggest downside I see is not being able to use it while playing a game - after all, if you needed to look something up (like a FAQ or walkthrough), you'd have to quit the game.

Archived