IGNORED

Antarctica Tribute Tracklisting, info, discussion

Brandi_B

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've gotta get him to burn me the final masters. He's insanely busy working on the next season of the boondocks and i havent even heard from him in a few days. He didn't even go out on his birthday a week ago b/c he was too busy. Without saying too much and getting him in trouble ill just say some of the ppl that work via the show or s*ny, will leave him hanging with nothing to do for a month, then *BLAM* DO ALL THIS NOW WE NEED IT ASAP. So he's in one of those right now. I'm stopping by there today, hopefully will have a better answer this evening :)

they also have a habit of making him do something over 3-4 times and then deciding to go with the first one he did (one of the reasons i lost interest in helping out...it wasn't worth feeling cool that i did music that is on tv b/c it was unbalanced by the pure wretch my creativity felt doing that kind of stuff).

i should mention tho that it's my fault. The whole thing couldve been done with and out but i wanted to change a bunch of stuff and the order of a lot of tracks so a lot of time that couldve been spent mastering was spent considering things, and also wondering if i should pm certain artists for more segregated mixdowns as some were quite a challenge to make balanced with everything else, and not be over compressed and pumpy.

:facepalm: @ myself

Here's the new tracklististing :

Disc 1:

1 - William S. Braintree - Drygalski Ice Tongue

2 - Adjective - Children of Montalva Base

3 - Tuxekan - Dusk on the Plateau of Leng

4 - Maskine - Is

5 - Acidburp - Snowblower

6 - Feta lol - Piccoleaux Calls to Me

7 - New City_16_-_Penguin_espousal

8 - DeLyria - Terra Australis (Beneath the Ice)

9 - Kara Karasu - Star Ocean

10 - H.P. Sneakstep - Beneath the Ice

11 - Katie Kilobyte feat. Open Boy - Noctilucent

12 - Idiron - TerraNova(ExpeditionMix)

13 - Koanotic - Lemaire Channel

Disc 2:

1 - Beneboi - rollingtundra

2 - This is The Sun - Rothera's Vipers

3 - Asymmetrical Head and Maskine - Nimrod Expedition

4 - SoapSkumm - Aunt Fartica

5 - cubus - antuntica splosion

6 - Root 5 - CrocodileIcefish

7 - Bas Van Huizen - southpolesirens

8 - DJ Handbrake - Wait Here For a Little While (and See What Happens)

9 - Darekta - Crystal_Void

10- Lascaille - Marooned

(most of the disc 2 tracks are longer, hence less tracks on that disc)

Overall both discs are about 60 min each, so it's 120 or so minutes of music. Plus an added bonus i'm throwing in ;)

edit: the added bonus is not my album, lol, had to make this lil note in case anyone thought that. that would be a nuisance, not a bonus :)

50/50

Edit: chances are most people will like select tracks but not like the whole thing as there is a wide variety of styles. I myself like the whole thing and suspect some people will enjoy listening all way through. I also suspect some people saying disc 2 is awesome, disc one sucks, or disc 1 is awesome, disc 2 sucks.

It'll be hit and miss, but overall there are some really fantastic tracks on here. There's notable people missing I would've liked to have on it...beak, chris moss, Th'idiot, rooftop access, etcetc. Maybe they will join in on the Tribute to Popsicle's :sorcerer:

2nd edit: I guess I should clarify that by being close to release means I finally have the masters in hand. Now i'm getting the website together and a bandcamp account. :rhubear2:

http://soundcloud.com/katiekilobyte/antteaser-1

I degraded the quality on purpose and put a bunch of compression and noise on it in addition to using the orig. mp3s. These aren't the mastered files. I want to take time and create a GOOD teaser/promo with the mastered copies, and this was easier to just throw together in 15 mins for the time being so ya'll could have something to hear :)

edit: this is only half of the tracks just fyi and not really representative of the whole album, but just ones i grabbed really quick.

Nice one, looking forward to hearing this in its lovely fully mastered form :happy:

yeah, it all sounds quite awesome.

btw - was just listening to "a collection of tracks for mr davis". That is truly a remarkable album, i hadn't had a good sit down with it yet. Lovely soundscapes, and impressive composition.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got paid today.

Album out January 12, 2010. Download or Physical Cd's. Date is set in stone. PM or E-mail me katiekilobyte at gmail.com if you want to reserve a physical copy so it can be mailed out on it's release day (or maybe a day or two earlier) :) You don't need to put down a deposit or anything, I will take it as Watmm scout promise.

Just got paid today.

Album out January 12, 2010. Download or Physical Cd's. Date is set in stone. PM or E-mail me katiekilobyte at gmail.com if you want to reserve a physical copy so it can be mailed out on it's release day (or maybe a day or two earlier) :) You don't need to put down a deposit or anything, I will take it as Watmm scout promise.

lol don't do that

lol

Just got paid today.

lol don't do that

lol

Don't do what?

ur like my weird watmm subconscious to my posts and my conscious can never interpret what exactly you mean until you translate :wtf::emotawesomepm9:

Archived