IGNORED

"The Joy of Bicycling" or "How I Celebrated 9/11"

chaosmachine

Guest abusivegeorge

lol, I know I'm just being a prick, that looks pretty fucking ouch actually quite big and deep, how'd you do it? Fell of the bike?

2exvew9.jpg

I was riding some trails in the dark, on the way to meet a friend. I've got a pretty bright light, so it's not bad. Coming up to a foot bridge, sort of like this one:

24nof43.jpg

There's a pole in the middle to stop cars from using it.

So, I'm approaching this bridge at about 30k. And suddenly my ultra-bright 4 LED headlight flips up, pointing directly into my eyes. I was completely blinded, couldn't see a thing. All I know is this bridge/poll was right in front of me, I'm still doing 30k, and I can't see where I'm going anymore.

Not wanting to get impaled or end up in the river, I grabbed the brakes and flipped over the handlebars. Still completely blind at this point, I failed to stick the landing, and came down pretty hard on my hands and knees.

Ripped a nice hole in my jeans, too.

make sure you sanitize that out with polysporin so it doesn't get infected! i have a huge scar above my left eyebrow/side of my head from a bike injury. it was the ONE day i decided to spontaneously not wear my helmet heh. if you think about it though your injury could have been so much worse so it's really the best outcome. also what is it like living with bright yellow walls? does it feel like sunshine all the time

- looking at the pictures closer are you sure you don't need stitches? that's going to be horrible healing because the wound will continue to open/close constantly. you might need to get like a butterfly bandaid if not stitches.

I was riding some trails in the dark, on the way to meet a friend. I've got a pretty bright light, so it's not bad. Coming up to a foot bridge, sort of like this one:

There's a pole in the middle to stop cars from using it.

So, I'm approaching this bridge at about 30k. And suddenly my ultra-bright 4 LED headlight flips up, pointing directly into my eyes. I was completely blinded, couldn't see a thing. All I know is this bridge/poll was right in front of me, I'm still doing 30k, and I can't see where I'm going anymore.

Not wanting to get impaled or end up in the river, I grabbed the brakes and flipped over the handlebars. Still completely blind at this point, I failed to stick the landing, and came down pretty hard on my hands and knees.

Ripped a nice hole in my jeans, too.

Hope you wore a helmet! :)

I fell off my bike when I was 10 going down a sloped curb that was wet from a yard sprinkler running down the sidewalk, landing on my bare knee. I had a US half-dollar sized scab on my knee for weeks, and kept picking it off and letting it regenerate. Fun times.

I fell off my bike when I was 10 going down a sloped curb that was wet from a yard sprinkler running down the sidewalk, landing on my bare knee. I had a US half-dollar sized scab on my knee for weeks, and kept picking it off and letting it regenerate. Fun times.

I scraped the skin off my knees at least once a month when I was a kid. I even put my teeth through my lip once. I'm quite adept at crashing my bike.

I scraped the skin off my knees at least once a month when I was a kid. I even put my teeth through my lip once. I'm quite adept at crashing my bike.

I haven't rode a bike regularly since I was about 17-18. I'm soon to be 36. Fuck, I need to get back on a bike!

Your teeth through your lip? ouch.

Archived