IGNORED

methadrone/methylone

pcock

im starting a thread about this because its nothing to do with the other thread where i was chatting about it.

so yeah, ive abstained from pills/ecstasy/mdma whatever for my entire life up until this saturday essentially on the basis that ive learnt from smoking that its much easier to not start than to stop. recently though ive been having second thoughts, because i wanted to see how good they are for myself, my friends absolutely love them and i feel old enough and responsible enough to consume these things without being retarded about it. i also tried acid for the first time a few weeks back, but thats a whole different story, one that i found vastly intense and unpleasant.

anyway, my friends gets these pills from manchester called hammers and spanners, hes been taking them since he was about 15/16, hes now 22. they are extremely cheap, 35p a pill in bulk, and according to popular concensus(lets leave it at saying that there are now a huge amount of people round here exclusively taking these because thay apparently blow any previous pills out the water, and there seems to be an infinite supply of them) so i eventually built up the courage to try one of them at ministry this weekend.

id decided before we left for the club that i was gonna take it, my mate recommended taking half and seeing how i get on, and keeping another half on me for if i wanted it. i drank a 70cl bottle of vodka mostly with juice, but before the end i had a few redbull mixers, essentially to keep me going till 7am if i ended up bottling the pills and going just pissed. i got to the club utterly trashed having just finished my last bit of ale on the tube there, and got told to fuck off for half an hour and settle down by the bouncers, which i went off to do, got back in sound half an hour later, and then (probably because i was so smashed) immediately decided it was my time to take my first half.

20 minutes later i feel sober. 20 minutes after that im just starting to feel really, really pleasant. nothing i can put my finger on, but nice. so having been told a pill come-up is half an hour, and really enjoying myself, took the other half. 30 minnutes after that, fuck me. the only thing in my life ive ever enjoyed more is good sex, and this was pretty fucking close.

but yeah, im getting proper tl;dr on your asses, but essentially, this was just bodywide feeling of light orgasm, pure euphoria, id almost say initially my impression was of very mild drowsiness mixed in. the vaguely drowsy feeling lasted like 10 minutes, over in a flash, and then i just felt rhythm, and dance. this is all i wanted from life at that point. this continued to get more and more intense over time as i started really, really getting into the tunes and dancing my ass off, and there really wasnt that much more to it than that. my vision seemed to get extremely sharp, and the strobes left the image on my eyelids or in the darkness for a little longer than usual i suppose. music didnt sound different, i mean, im a minimal techno/microhouse obbsessive sober, so it sounded fucking amazing, but i myself just felt better about dancing to it, free and detached and limber and euphoric.

anyway danced my ass off from 1 till 7, drank plenty of water, had some great chats with my mates when i had rare, and unusally unpleasant ciggys, went back to my friends in wimbledeon and lay around in comfort letting the world go by till i feel asleep feeling completely peaceful at about 10.

so ive just mentioned this in the other drug thread over there, and idrn tells me this is extremely likely to be methadrone, something ive never even heard of, and im extremely inclined to believe him because that night missed out on every single one of the talked about side effects of pills, gurning, rush of come-up (i guess this isnt a side effect, and ive never had one, so idont know, but this entire experience was gradual) severe comedown, massive pupils, talking like a fucking wierdo, inability to eat, shriveled up gary dick, you name it. the only slightly unpleasant thing about the entire experience was quite a nasty consipated shit i had at about 9 in the morning.

so yeah i make this thread because the realisation that it wasnt pills or mdma that i tried has fascinated me. there is no wikipedia page for methadrone, immediately redirects to methadone, if you put it in google, the only thing that comes up is random forum posts around the jist of 'ive heard theres a new drug called methadrone, is this true'? and im wondering what watmm in general has to say on the subject. sorry for the waffle. (its worth mentioning that ever since saturday night without feeling any actual druglike effects, ive had an extremly pleasant sense of wellbeing and increased appreciation for techno that simply hasnt diminished atall)

sorry for the sini outburst but im fascinated.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest abusivegeorge

considering methadone is recreationally effectless, no. ive posted a thread to see if i can try and get to the bottom of it.

When in treatment, those patients on methadone were high as a kite, and completely out of it.

Taken from wiki:

Although chemically unlike morphine or heroin, methadone also acts on the opioid receptors and thus produces many of the same effects.

So it's definetly recreationally effective.

Not arguing with you mate, just talking from my own experience is all, and Methadrone just brings up a speeling error for Methadrone, apparently there was talk of a new Methadrone drug coming out, but it turned out to be fake, and is non existent, from what I have read, heard and been told.

Guest abusivegeorge

Methylone however brings up a totally different story, althought no relation to a drug called Methadrone is mentioned, this is a pshychoactive drug and can come in liquid form and as you say is found in MDMA and Ecstacy.

ah, i see, i skimmed the methadone wiki page and came up with

'' In addition, and perhaps most importantly, methadone allows addicts to become productive members of society; freed from the need to obtain money through often illicit means, opiate addicts can return to their normal lives, or develop skills, further their education, and (re)join the workforce.

A proper dose used in methadone maintenance therapy will block or greatly reduce cravings for illicit opioids, while not inducing any euphoric feelings or other subjective sense of being high, and if dose is high enough, will actively prevent the patient from experiencing any high if they do use other opioids. Methadone-based treatment is significantly more effective clinically and more cost effective than no-drug treatment modalities for opiate-dependent patients.[31]''

lol, this is kinda similar to that thread i deleted, but not totally homo.

didn't properly acknowledge this was your first time though. it very well could have been mdma - it's different the first time around and can be subtle, most of all because you don't realize what's happening to you and your body doesn't start going all west on you. it's also normal that you won't notice things like eye dyspracia(?), dancing overly like a tit, and talking at people (in that you won't notice that someone is just smiley and nodding, dimly enjoying the happy enthusiasm of 'the pilled up guy' - essentially still a good conversation but.... gurned!).

that said, there's a high liklihood it could be methadrone/methylone. new legislation restricts the transportation of one of the key ingredients of mdma (did i get this right?), and so it's cheaper and easier to get it.

i'm glad you enjoyed it though. i think it's far healthier to cut the weed and just get serotonined up on occasion, within reason. also, judging by this vodka/redbull bouncer business, i think you should hook up with fenton and get mangled together. it would be legendary.

edit; RE:methadrone, maybe what's been going around is the same thing as methylone, so saying it's methadrone is more a marketing ploy to make methylone sound more exotic. either way, the effects and use still stand.

* Not for use in combination with stimulants (amphetamines, large doses of caffeine, etc).

* Not for use in combination with diuretics (alcohol).

* Not for use in individuals with high blood pressure, hypertension, or blood clotting disorders.

* Not for use in individuals who have displayed allergies to amphetamine drugs.

* Must never be used in combination with MAOI (Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitor) drugs.

i took this stuff after 2 cans of red bull and a full bottle of vodka and it was still fantastic. admittedly that doesnt mean shit if this is talking about damage inside that you cant necassarily feel.

it also mentions gurning as a side effect, that was non-existant.

One of the magic’s about this drug is that you can take it 3 days in a row, without upping your dose.

That is indeed a dangerous feed. That means that I could actually party Thursday, Friday, Saturday without feeling too bombed in school on Monday. And in the start I could even make homework Sunday. But as time went on, and I took it more and more, at some point I began to have the feeling of nothingness afterwards. Feeling of NOT wanting to do ANYTHING other than watch movies and sleep. This feeling would most often leave after a day or 2.

Another magic is that you can keep redosing for hours.

I could always redose in the start, actually I could always redose until lately, for 2 whole years of hardcore use I could redose as much and almost as long as I wanted to (bout 12 hours straight) and almost keep the same effect all the way trough.

There’s almost no tolerance build.

For 2 whole years I took it almost every weekend, often more than one day, and the dose only raised from 150mg to 250mg and I felt almost the same euphoria everytime.

But a few weeks ago, the tolerance finally hit me! I took the same amount as I always did, and nothing happened, after about 40min. I took the same dose again and almost nothing happened. I thought that this was just a onetime thing, and so I tried the week after, exactly the same happened, and the next week after again, I had at last felt the tolerance. Now I have to take about 500mg to really gain effect, and that’s not something I want, so I have stopped, but that’s a lot harder than I thought it would be, now I even want it in the working days, before I could wait for the weekend. I miss it.

The worst thing about methylone is the Amphetamin and MDMA like side effects.

Those being jaw tension, increased perspiration, loss of appetite, and a total kill of one's whole mouth.

Another bad thing is; the sometimes MDMA light like side effect of depression. It’s nothing like the depression I could get from MDMA, and in the start it wasn’t even there, but later on, after heavy use it sometimes came.

And of course “methylone brain” this being the state of mind where you cannot remember what you where just talking about, or wanting to say something while someone else talks and then forget about it when its your turn.

The experiences

this has come from the second google search, a personal experience thing.

this doesnt tie in for me.

my friends have been taking these hammers for about 3 months now i would say, and they vary dosages according to tolerance as they would normal pills, albeit with probably less pills, because as they say, they find them to be very effective pills.

none of them have even the vaguest suspicions they may be another drug. a quote from this weekend was that my friend was pleased he only took 4, because hes a big pillhead and a night out for him has been anything upto 20, i think hes had 7 or 8 max of these in one night.

the other thing that doesnt tie in for me is that the guy who is wholesaling these, and we are talking about a dude who will get 100,000 thousand of the fuckers and sell them in 1 to 5 thousand batches, is a good, reliable source who is a good friend of a good friend, and he says they are just very clean mdma pills.

i dunno, id like to get to the bottom of it. as i say im fascinated, as you can probably tell by my jibberishy waffling.

There's fuck all MDMA in this country at the moment due to custom laws changing in the EU regarding the import of an oil needed to process it, and also because enough of said oil to make 44 million pills was confiscated a while back. What you had was 99% likely to be piperazine based. Have a look here and see if this looks familiar.

http://www.pillreports.com/index.php?page=display_pill&id=16500

Unfortunately you've picked pretty much the worst time to start experimenting. You're very unlikely to find anything decent

Guest abusivegeorge

could just be slang word george. maybe im looking too much into this anyway.

Yeah thats true, never thought of that. Also Solo's link looks intriguing *reads*.

There's fuck all MDMA in this country at the moment due to custom laws changing in the EU regarding the import of an oil needed to process it, and also because enough of said oil to make 44 million pills was confiscated a while back. What you had was 99% likely to be piperazine based. Have a look here and see if this looks familiar.

http://www.pillreports.com/index.php?page=display_pill&id=16500

Unfortunately you've picked pretty much the worst time to start experimenting. You're very unlikely to find anything decent

that link doesnt make any sense atall apart from the name and colour. my mates love these things, reckon they are the best, cleanest, nicest pills theyve ever seen and theyve been munching every loveheart, rolex, butterfly, mitzi, sickle you name it they can get there hands on for the last 6 years.

the comment on that site make them sound dodgy, rubbish, and laden with horrible comedowns and side effects.

i don't trust erowid write-ups very much (just like music journalism), they can be a bit twatty and hyperbolic.

i'm not experienced enough though to continue talking about methylone/methadrone. this thread would benefit from the likes boki and others. all the old bangface crew need to get in here too and say what's up in their current experience.

Guest abusivegeorge

Wow those pills got a really shit write up, doesn't tie in with Messiaens experience but they are called Hammer and Spanners.

Good luck tomorrow mate.

Well you get what you pay for in my experience. 35p a pill even at bulk suggests dodgy shit to me. Obviously your mates have their own tastes, and they may of found a goldmine. Pills are wank in general anyway, but seriously, there's VERY little MDMA going round since, ooh, June/Julyish? Would be interested to know others experiences.

Methadrone is def taking off in a big way as a replacement.

does this mean that from now on, every monday we're gonna get a sini-length tl;dr pilled up essay from you

i don't know why i read that as you saying it's a bad thing. i obviously perceive you as a very negative person. i'm sorry, let's hug.

this is fuckin with my head, i read every hammer and spanner report from all over the country on that site, and every single one seems to piperazine shite that gets a string of comments of people saying that they feel sick, didnt get fucked up, couldnt sleep for 24 hours, headaches, all sorts of shit. im ruddy bloody confused.

Archived