IGNORED

methadrone/methylone

pcock

[quote name='Fred McGriff' date='15 September 2009 - 02:15 PM' timestamp='1253049325'

ah ok. your argument was unclear at first and seemed reckless but now i see you're just stating the obvious.

it's really not obvious for most people, because drugs are the devil, etc.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

now, i don't mean going on drug binges. you have to consider addictiveness, tolerance, dosage etc. and act responsibly if you want to use chemicals. be informed. you have to consider the payoff versus the side-effects.

bullshit. I dose myself almost every day and i'm totally aware that it pernisiously harms both my mental and physical health. I don't act responsibly, i'm just slowly and assuredly destroying myself. And i'm not like establishing moral principles in order to set a smoke screen between myself and a certain reality that i don't want to see.

Yawn yawn yawn. Anything in moderation is fine essentially. If you rag anything senseless it'll fuck you up. Little dabbles here and there of most things won't fuck you up. Can we get back onto more interesting topics, like people's experiences with methadrone now it's almost impossible to get hold of Mandy? It's an interesting one, and surely only a small amount of time before it gets made illegal too.

now, i don't mean going on drug binges. you have to consider addictiveness, tolerance, dosage etc. and act responsibly if you want to use chemicals. be informed. you have to consider the payoff versus the side-effects.

bullshit. I dose myself almost every day and i'm totally aware that it pernisiously harms both my mental and physical health. I don't act responsibly, i'm just slowly and assuredly destroying myself. And i'm not like establishing moral principles in order to set a smoke screen between myself and a certain reality that i don't want to see.

do what you want, but i have no pity for you if you participate in self destructive things like that and end up a vegetable or something.

Mephedrone is what you mean, and its a new drug (people have only relatively started taking it anyway). Its a plant fertilizer which can be ordered off the internet for about £10/g. It's really fun, you get a love buzz and energy rush of MDMA, without the trippiness. I think the best description is a cross between MDMA and really good coke (chatty). Only heard of it at the beginning of the summer but I've noticed it getting more and more popular over the festival season (mostly amongst students, especially from Leeds)

Most people snort it, but it really fucking hurts as in eyes watering.

I don't think its as good as MDMA because I like the trippy feeling you get with really good pills, although it is nice in the sense that you can retain some degree of sanity, and its a lot cheaper. Aside from that its virtually impossible to get MDMA now, and this is definetly the next best thing. I think it might also make inroads on the coke market, considering the similarities and its much lower price.

Its getting harder and harder to get it off the internet, and the word is that its probably going to be illegal by the end of 2009, so get in there while you still can! Doesn't have much of a comedown at all, the main problem is that its incredibly moorish (as in need to do bumps at least every half hour when on a session)

Methylone is a similiar drug, just slightly more expensive. I can't say this first hand, but mates have told me that doing a combination of the 2 at the same time is like taking pills for the first time, so looking forward to that!

I think you can get away with doing a lot of horrible shit to your body when your young, the key is moderation, and knowing when its finally time to pack it in! (Im thinking 26-7)

1. i want that shit right now

2. a friendly reminder to everyone: i guess most people here know that mdma, amphetamines and similar substances can ruin your life in certain ways or others, and only some know it from first-hand experiences. others know it because its been about 15 years since the mdma craze, just go to some random psytrance event and take a good look. amphetamine is even older, with the nazis and vietnam and whatnot.. but still. a lot is known about these substances, not everything (esp. regarding to long-time nerve damage & stuff) but a lot. WITH THE SUBSTANCES REFERRED TO IN THIS THREAD ITS NOT LIKE THAT. theyre research chemicals, most people don't know shit about them. for example, i've heard from some people that the craving of mephedrone is (for them) harder than coca's. i'd post links but the stuff i've read is all in german (eve-rave), idk, check bluelight or sth.

:braindance:

Guest underscore

wow, incredible how easy it is so get that shit. good thing i'm smart enough to realize i'm better off not getting into that kinda mess to begin with.

its nice (meph) - euphoric, chatty, and i got to play loads of warped abstract stuff and the people i was with were lapping it up. music sounds cool on it. especially squelchy stuff. its got that nice habit of shifting music up a 'niceness level' so stuff my gf & friends would usually find dark or too weird was hitting the spot.

yes its very moorish when on it. and we ended up taking too much and you're left wired to fuck, we didnt sleep until much later that day and we finished at 5.

so much better than taking pills or that excuse for mdma that has been around for ages. i actually prefer it to mdma i think, my serotonin seems more in order, because when youre on it my brain seems more connected & normal, like its acting on less neurons than md. not sure if thats true but you get what i mean.

update:

been experimenting with it a bit w/ wiki research:]

i like it orally every hour or so really small amounts, in the 10s/mg, less of a high/low crash.

it releases dopamine into the brain (like coke), so do your homework on that and be aware of what its doing inside your head (diet for the day will help a lot - and this really, is a better way to achieve balanced happiness, as me and manda are working out)

negatives are hypertension, which isnt good for long term regular use, and puts the only downer on an otherwise nice substance. fingers crossed it doesnt get banned. apparently nice with gbl/ghb, which is being banned because it is definitely very dangerous, another shame, as i dont like alcohol. im thinking small amounts of benzos during use might be ok if monitored to curb the increase in heart rate, not sure really <dont want to fuck anyones heart up so dont do this please.

sometimes this kind of talk makes me feel like a dick but its better than what i got when i was a child so hopefully im not frowned upon (haha definite empathogen!)

what about the vasoconstriction, the serotonergic properties, and the way how most people seem to treat this as a "safe" substance? preliminary reports show neurotoxicity in the serotonin receptor area to be higher than MDMA at equivalent dosages (see the - amateur - chemical and neurological analysis over at the bluelight ADD board). then start reading up on limb extremities turning blue and gangrene at moderate dosages in some users.

this substance has been exploding in popularity here. it's very cheap and sold as an alternative to cocaine. i've seen people do hunderds of milligrams per binge (intranasally), bumping every 30 minutes, then complain days/weeks later about irregular heart beats, permanently increased blood pressure and loss of sensitivity in their toes or fingertips. fools treat this "research chemical" like a bag of coke. they can only guess about long-term damage.

it was first synthesized just barely two years ago and no conclusive neurotoxicity tests has been done as of yet. however, anecdotal evidence suggests a very spotty track record, to say the least. it appears to be very heavy on the cardiovascular system, even more so than conventional stimulants like cocaine, amphetamines or MDxx.

but hey, what does not kill you only makes you stronger, right? so why even bother to learn how to spell the name of the substance?

what about the vasoconstriction, the serotonergic properties, ........... then start reading up on limb extremities turning blue and gangrene at moderate dosages in some users.

it appears to be very heavy on the cardiovascular system, even more so than conventional stimulants like cocaine, amphetamines or MDxx.

yeah, i feel that on the cardio thing (second time tonight btw)

......urgh, whoever said there was no comedown (my main reason for taking or not taking chemicals - really important for me) is talking rubbish..

the nice feeling is shorter than the not nice feeling afterwards.

finding nice things to do and nice people to hang with and nice food to eat and lifestyle balance = the best source of good vibes period.

hence the reason i often feel like a dick saying shit like this

lol

the real lol will come in a few days, when mister "wiki research" will discover that his blood pressure & heart rate have risen slightly but permanently, his chest is feeling ever so slightly tighter due to pulmonary vasoconstriction, and the "not so nice" feeling persists because his 5HT2B receptors are still inhibiting re-uptake mechanisms and inducing long-term cardiac hypertrophy on an even more severe level than an equivalent dose of MDMA would do. or not, if he's lucky. who knows? perhaps he should have the decency to keep a medical log of his proceedings, you know, for the archives, seeing as it's a young, untested & unresearched CNS stimulant and all.

lol

still rather it to pills, which can well fuck you up. and being into alcohol is not my cup of tea ;

edit* iep - didnt hear anything about 5HT-RI being affected for that long. my experience was fine after a few hours, and the hypertension went then too (obviously)

you're right tho! (no j/k)

perhaps he should have the decency to keep a medical log of his proceedings, you know, for the archives, seeing as it's a young, untested & unresearched CNS stimulant and all.

no need to be a dick

no hard feelings.

here, if you want some nice reading while feeling hypertense, check out this 350+ post thread on bluelight's ADD board, where several chemists and neurologists chime in on the toxicity of this substance. the bottom line seems to be: steer well clear until conclusive neurologic tests are published, preliminary evidence suggests some really dodgy & unpredictable CNS action.

but hey, what does not kill you only makes you stronger, right? so why even bother to learn how to spell the name of the substance?

i was laughing at this. I don't have an official position as far as the issue goes, other than I'd like to give it a go... :facepalm:

Guest abusivegeorge

i was laughing at this. I don't have an official position as far as the issue goes, other than I'd like to give it a go... :facepalm:

lol

no hard feelings.

here, if you want some nice reading while feeling hypertense..

actually id rather feel bad reading one of your posts and maybe point you in the direction of a non-aggressive verbal conversation website or something :emotawesomepm9:

<takes own advice>

yeah ill read it;

Guest abusivegeorge

no hard feelings.

actually id rather feel bad reading one of your posts and maybe point you in the direction of a non-aggressive verbal conversation website or something :emotawesomepm9:

www.barryboys.co.uk

no hard feelings.

<takes own advice>

yeah ill read it;

fair enough, sometimes i'm staring at general banter long enough to turn me into a pedantic prick.

still, i do think it's amazing how so many people consider this substance to be relatively benign -- as relatively safe as the other common stimulants -- while it's likely to be much, much more dodgy. one dude i know who'd been doing lines from a 4-MMC stash from a friend of mine had to check himself in at his doctor for cardiovascular problems a few days after his (relatively minor) binge.

Archived