IGNORED

Let's all laugh at Liverpool

Guest Alex C

Guest Rambo

Coping with the unrealistic expectations of a deluded fanbase who are still trying to come to terms with the fact that their club is primarily a business and is no different from the majorty of others.

Okay i only skimmed originally. Wtf are you waffling on about please? Cheers

Haha, alright I know not ALL lfc supporters are like this but this is the 'let's all laugh at Liverpool' thread, right?

Honestly though... there seems to be a pervading sense of entitlement right the way through the club (new owners excluded). I've read lots of comments from the vocal elements of the fanbase that suggest they think they're a 'special' club, a 'special' case. They're not. The 'Liverpool Way' and all the myths and legends are just that, myths and legends. Nostalgia for a bygone era when they were the darlings of British football and a club was more of a club than a business. Sadly that's why others find lfc's recent challenging times amusing. There seems to be a lot of delusion and hypocrisy within the fanbase, exacerbated by the semi-myth of (the city of) Liverpool's identity as apart from the rest of England. This seperateness - which sometimes manifests itself in a victim mentality - also seems to be more pronounced among lfc fans. But I'm a Blue so I'm bound to say that.

Just thought you'd throw that in the end there lol.

I think there's a hell of a lot of cherry picking that goes on amongst other fans judging by what i'm hearing in these threads. The fan base is huge so you are going to be able to find whatever you want and whatever is preferable to believe about Liverpool fans.

Okay, i'm on rawk right now and will cherry pick from ONE page (the most recent one of the Brendan Rogers thread. It's just been announced that he will probably be our manager)

"yeah my expectations are mid table this season.

he should only get the boot if we are flirting with the drop."

and another

"There are other better candidates, but they didn't want us, and brendan is the best of what is left. still a good man and exciting prospect but let's not kid ourselves."

and another

"The moment he's named manager I'll back him.

I will also bring my expectations down a fair and won't compare us to city, mancs, arse, Chelsea."

and a reply to the above post:

"I'm surprised anyone still was"

and another

"feel sorry for swansea fans having to look for another new manager, they do have a habit of picking decent ones though. "

See, they are very sensible bunch these Liverpool fans. Depends what you want to see though doesn't it?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope he's given time, I'd love to see a big club with top class players (maybe liverpool in the future) playing the football that Swansea currently play.

Yeah.. I know, but the fuck? Didn't he basically say Liverpool would ruin his career?

Anyway. It seems like a nice choice. Quite a scoop by Liverpool.

This means Martinez will probably go to Villa.

Guest Rambo

No, he didn't say that at all. Initially there was a list of about 10-12 managers and he didn't want to be involved at that point because he would risk alienating himself from the Swansea fans with little chance of getting the job. It was obvious that if he was on a shortlist for the job, that he'd be interested. What you probably picked up on was the SWANSEA CITY MANAGER BRENDAN RODGERS SNUBS LIVERPOOL headlines lapped up by people believing what they wanted to believe (theme developing here).

Archived