IGNORED

Let's all laugh at Liverpool

Guest Alex C

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6th place. I'll be disappointed if we finish any lower than 7th now. Maybe - and i know it's unbelievable that i'm thinking this - maybe the sportswriters/media pundits were talking absolute shite when they were assuring us that Hodgson couldn't possibly be expected to do any better (when were about 14th in league) with this dreadful squad left behind by the bad man from Spain?

• 6 months later...

606 was hilarious earlier

"Time for Kenny to take the reigns"

LOL!

I didnt see this post originally. Fuck, this thread has aged fantastically well. lol

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone embodies everything that is wrong about Arsenal right now it's Koscielny. Why on earth did we sign a player who had only spent one season in French Ligue1? Obviously, his place in the future will be as cover when Vermaelen returns, but we had him as a first-team choice all last season and look how we crumbled.

He's amazingly instrumental in every embarrassing goal we concede. His positioning is disgraceful and he often looks utterly confused. Just look at how much his head flicks around after the pressure drops on him; he doesn't know what he should be doing next.

We conceded four yesterday because we started two new defenders and communication between two French players, a German and a Brazilian is almost impossible when two are new to the team.

Santos is not ready for the Premier League, he was walking in the last 10mins. Mertesacker cannot turn around without taking 5 steps so needs a reliable partner.

Even Sagna was standing in the middle of the goal on corners organising everybody. A short right-back. FFS.

There's little that could have been done to fix these problems yesterday though. Starting Djourou isn't as good as Mertesacker, but at least he would have had a better understanding with Koscielny. Santos was unfortunate to be thrown in as he's not ready, but it's maddening that we don't have another left-back really. Gibbs' career is in dangerous territory of failing before it's begun; it happens to players more than you think.

Err Koscielny was easily your best defender against zee germans in the second half. Against Blackburn - fuck your whole team played defense like it was a kick-around in the park.

Mertesacker reminds me of a star destroyer. Big, unwieldy and not very accurate.

This is weird. Last saturday night I dreamed Arsenal lost 4-3 at Blackburn. I was all pissed off in the morning thinking about it (thinking it had actually happened) until I remembered they had in fact played Swansea. Checked the scores online - discovered Arsenal had won 1-0.

Just now I checked out the results online and Arsenal lost 4-3 at Backburn. I didn't even know Arsenal were playing Blackburn.

derrenbrown.jpg

Torres played really well though, his goal was really well taken. Rooney's penalty miss was just as embarrassing, the only difference is we won (I'm just gay for for Fernando, don't mind me.)

Modric's strike was immense! Shame that Liverpool fell to pieces after that...

Archived