IGNORED

Nuearz - Saturation Point

homecharlie

Here you can find samples (very low quality unfortunately). Keeping in line with the VHS Head release, no information is given about the artists, aside from that he's been making music for 10 years. There will also supposedly be another darker release by the same artist next year, according to the norman records page.

Any ideas who this could be?

Guest TheCentrifuge

no idea who it is, i have the advance copy and its really nice. combination of skammy style glitch beats and warm melodies. even some guitars in there. it doesnt sound like a "new" artist to me but who's to say?

we're gonna play some of it on our radio show on thursday (10pm BST, www.brap.fm)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. The album has been ut for a week now. Have anyone heard it?

I got my copy a couple days ago. On first listen, I'd say it's not as good as Video Club or the most recent Team Doyobi release, but it's still solid. The melodies are really nice, and a few of the tracks are awesome in a Wisp-ish kind of way (Humble Diet comes to mind). Probably a little editing would have improved the release (overly long at >1hr), but for a first album by a new artist, it's really promising.

Given it a couple of spins now and I've liked it more each time. Although I don't dislike any of the tracks I agree it's maybe a little overlong for one sitting. Perhaps some of it could've been held back for an EP or something. By the way, for those who don't know yet, the album's credited to one Kazuhiro Okuda, and was mastered by Bola.

don't have this so haven't had a chance to listen to any more than online samples, but this does sound very promising and i whole-heartedly agree it's good to have skam back

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Glass Plate

holy shit, how did I not know about this skam release? (MUST HAVE ALL SKAM), have it now. A little surprised this went so under the radar.

Archived