IGNORED

hamburger helper

Fred McGriff

Guest Deep Fried Everything

JR has the best middle ground here; you can definitely do better with fresh ingredients and yet not put all of the effort into making a bolognese or something similar.

just make a tasty beef stew and toss in some noodles :rdjgrin: (and parmesan)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am satisfied with the amount of praise hamburger helper is now getting in this thread.

Have you tried the Beef Stroganoff flavour? It's even better if you add your own sour cream to the mix (just a spoonful to give it that 'tang')

actually picked up a box of that this weekend but the wife wanted cheeseburger macaroni so i had to put it back. it's on the shortlist.

beef STROKIN' OFF LOL!

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

We usually keep a box of the Salisbury flavour in the pantry for quick emergencies...

*waits for the English WATMMers to start lamenting about one of "their" places being used in the name of an American product...

yes america is just a big 'New [insert uk city name here]' and we're all hept up about some flavour named after a nowhere town in the middle of nowhere

I'm still confused, what is this shit?

Hamburger Helper is known as a 'meal starter' here in the States - it's a box of uncooked egg noodles, a packet (sachet) of powdered seasoning (and sometimes another packet of powdered sauce), that is prepared quickly in this manner:

1) cook and brown 1lb of ground (minced) beef in a skillet

2) once brown, add contents of seasoning packet and noodles to ground beef

3) add requisite cups of water or milk to thicken sauce

4) reduce heat, cover and simmer.

It's basically ground beef in a sauce with noodles.

Ahh okay, so what the hell does that have to do with hamburgers? You have them with noodles in?

I'm still confused, what is this shit?

get the fuck out or read the thread if you want to know

I read the thread you angry angry man.

Archived