IGNORED

The positive experience of listening to Queen

gaarg

Why thank you!

Actually Queen weren't the worst. And I would like to have seen Freddie Mercury in his pomp on stage. But find their music a bit bombastic and overblown, almost like...well a night at the opera. Huge anthems like We Are the Champions, Radio Gaga, Don't Stop Me Now etc didn't really do it for me, nor am I sure they were...

message down to earth, available to everybody.

Well, pop stars keep singing about the same stuff, there's just more ego, money and emo in all of it. As I see it, Queen made music using the same thematics, they just used it way better. And I think that classic and jazz and avantgarde loving listeners will sooner accept a Queen track on the radio than Lady GaGa's.

Guest Conor74

Well, pop stars keep singing about the same stuff, there's just more ego, money and emo in all of it.

Not sure too many will ever make a fraction of what Queen made! But don't want to be cynical, they deserved every cent because they were in a different playing pitch of talent compared to the likes of Lady Gaga. I would certainly concede that what they did, they did incredibly well, and FM was a great showman.

Actually I meant in the lyrics themselves. But yeah, where there's fame there's always money, women, drugs...

...And that's another awesome point in Queen career. Their last album still had intimate, pure moments, even though you felt they had almost too much know-how to go along. Show must go on is something I bet every pop-star would only dream of.

But again. Any more suggestions for alternative to Queen? Must be quality stuff of course...

I didn't really slit my wrists lol

Actually after posting those links I checked some of it out and felt great, and even more actually I found out they play way better music than slovenian bands do today (sad, sad lol).

Your bluegrass video was fun too, I already send it to a friend of mine that listens to this kinda music nowadays and forces everybody into listening it too. A kind of slovenian hillbilly wannabe or something.

Oh, just one more exciting fact. The southern bavarian/austrian music folk music was actually started or at least given the biggest push by a slovenian band called Ansambel of the Ausenik bothers (or somethnig like that). This is their way of kicking ass:

I believe they are good and have enjoyed their music in the old days and I still might. Even though made for farm folk it does things for me. (maybe because I'm a direct descendant of farmers haha)

Mahavishnu Orchestra had their moments. Bit Queeny.

How has no one mentioned 'Under Pressure'. One of the greatest rock songs of all time. I love that song.

Actually I was hoping for a broader view here. Like, some recommendations form the vast world of electronic music. I've been thinking about SP, or afx and they both have powerful and very positive moments, eventhough they are both pretty hermetic.

Squarepushers The real woman is something like that or even windowlicker. But more, I need more, MOAR!

Archived