IGNORED

I didn't smoke any weeds

Guest Fishtank

Guest Fishtank

I can't sleep and my anxiety is through the damn roof

it's like I have to keep fidgeting and yawning to releave the tension

this sucks, I feel as though I have a dependency

anyone else have this problem?

Yeah, quitting weed makes it really tough to fall asleep.

I'm assuming that's what your post is about.

It helps to not watch your clock if you're trying to sleep. Beyond that just tough it out and eventually you will be able to sleep easier. One thing I notice even if I take ONE day off from blazing is that I have absolutely NO problem waking up in the morning, usually it takes me at least half an hour after the alarm starts blaring.

I can't sleep and my anxiety is through the damn roof

it's like I have to keep fidgeting and yawning to releave the tension

this sucks, I feel as though I have a dependency

anyone else have this problem?

wow man, that's crazy. I'm on my 6th day without myself, and same problems, sans the yawning thing. I'm sweating like a whore in church all the goddamn time, and I've been passing out at about 7 am. The only good thing is (and it's a mixed blessing) is when I DO sleep, the dreams are so vivid and real, it takes me a sec to accept my reality. It gets better with each passing day though. As far as your dependency/problem question, only YOU can answer that. I had never noticed MJ withdrawal until this time for some reason, and I wasn't smoking all that much. Every day, but I'd make a 10$ sack of regular crap last 3-4 days.

EDIT:

first thing to do is to turn off the computer

getting out helps

maybe turn on the telly? I have no clue really just providing my basic procedure when I can't sleep due to anxiety or other things... never been on the stuff.

Think positive...just close your eyes, enjoy your thoughts and lying in the bed, have some fantasy....it helps me...even if I can´t fall asleep, while doing this, it keeps me more relaxed, feeling better than just thinking about not sleeping..

Melatonin

Natural sleep supplement, you should be able to find it at any local Pharmacy or Drug Store. Puts you into a sleepy mood within a half hour, and it supposedly increases your memory of dreams leading to an increased chance for lucid dreaming as a very beneficial side-effect.

I noticed quite an increase in the vividness of my dreams when I was taking it.

Guest Fishtank

wow man, that's crazy. I'm on my 6th day without myself, and same problems, sans the yawning thing. I'm sweating like a whore in church all the goddamn time, and I've been passing out at about 7 am. The only good thing is (and it's a mixed blessing) is when I DO sleep, the dreams are so vivid and real, it takes me a sec to accept my reality. It gets better with each passing day though. As far as your dependency/problem question, only YOU can answer that. I had never noticed MJ withdrawal until this time for some reason, and I wasn't smoking all that much. Every day, but I'd make a 10$ sack of regular crap last 3-4 days.

EDIT:

first thing to do is to turn off the computer

getting out helps

Its funny, I never really noticed any adverse affects either but I've been smokeing everyday all year so its hard to remember LOL

I finally got a job (only temp work though) stuck in a cubicle, working on layouts for a hunting magazine

it's probably better that I get off the stuff for a while anyway, I'm sure it's a passing phase

Yeah, I'd say turn off both the TV and computer at least an hour before you want to fall asleep. TV screens have a way of keeping your mind active and restless even once you've decided to try to sleep. Keep your environment tidy, exercise and read.

i take ambien cr but it does fuckall i find that music helps more that and not looking at the clock i put my clock out of the way so i can't see it

been a daily smoker for more then a decade and it was VERY hard to kick that habit. but its worth it...

sober is the new high for me :braindance: its funny how interesting reality is.

... and all these emotions :wtf:

Guest abusivegeorge

People don't realise that Weed is an addictive drug just as any other. MA (Marijuana anonymous) is getting quite big here in the UK. withdrawal symptoms similar to that of alcohol. Not as harmful, but definetly as addictive if smoked for a long period of time on a daily basis.

Try and take a break from it for a while mate.

Guest fiznuthian

oh for fucks sake. i'm not smoking tonight either after smoking ridiculously nice weed every day for months now and i don't feel awful about it.

People don't realise that Weed is an addictive drug just as any other... withdrawal symptoms similar to that of alcohol. Not as harmful, but definetly as addictive if smoked for a long period of time on a daily basis.

what withdrawal symptoms? the only withdrawal symptom i' have ever experienced from smoking weed is well, wanting to smoke again. and i can't blame that on anyone but myself, it's only because i like smoking weed.

if you're struggling to stop smoking weed it's probably because you're not taking care of yourself first, just smoking yourself into an oblivion when you feel bad.

oh for fucks sake. i'm not smoking tonight either after smoking ridiculously nice weed every day for months now and i don't feel awful about it.

People don't realise that Weed is an addictive drug just as any other... withdrawal symptoms similar to that of alcohol. Not as harmful, but definetly as addictive if smoked for a long period of time on a daily basis.

what withdrawal symptoms? the only withdrawal symptom i' have ever experienced from smoking weed is well, wanting to smoke again. and i can't blame that on anyone but myself, it's only because i like smoking weed.

if you're struggling to stop smoking weed it's probably because you're not taking care of yourself first, just smoking yourself into an oblivion when you feel bad.

don't be a cunt. everyone's different. Both the OP and I both said it had never happened to us before, and I've been smoking on and off for 12 years. Bodies change. People change. I don't even crave it, but my body misses it. Your body misses anything it gets used to, and reacts accordingly when said substance is removed. Oh, I'm sorry, you were posturing. My bad. Go back to whatever hole you crawled out from faggot.

i suffer from insomnia as well, i've actually gone weeks with sleeping as little as possible and fading in and out of consciousness on a daily basis, only being able to sleep for like 45 mins at a time, extreme sleep inertia is the worst feeling in the world, it's probably what it feels like to die. if you can't sleep going on a few days take either some sleeping pills or alcohol but definitely not both at the same time. although even sleeping pills couldn't get me to sleep and then you're even more messed up because you're so exhausted you can't do anything, read, or even think properly, the entire world is in a haze but you still can't get to sleep, it's the worst thing ever. good luck

Guest abusivegeorge

don't be a cunt. everyone's different. Both the OP and I both said it had never happened to us before, and I've been smoking on and off for 12 years. Bodies change. People change. I don't even crave it, but my body misses it. Your body misses anything it gets used to, and reacts accordingly when said substance is removed. Oh, I'm sorry, you were posturing. My bad. Go back to whatever hole you crawled out from faggot.

Word, man.

I don't sleep much, but its never really because I can't fall asleep, I just have too much fun fucking around in the odd hours of night to put it aside for "a good nights rest"

life is short... i'll sleep when i'm dead

I don't sleep much, but its never really because I can't fall asleep, I just have too much fun fucking around in the odd hours of night to put it aside for "a good nights rest"

yeh but when you have a job to get up for - its pretty much shit. :wtf:

I have gotten night sweats and lack of sleep for a week or so when quitting after long periods - once it passes tho its very refreshing,

yeh but when you have a job to get up for - its pretty much shit. :wtf:

true...

:sad:

Guest Fishtank

it seems I can sleep, just not very well

I nodded off for a couple hours and woke up for no reason

maybe I'll try working on some tracks for a while

Guest fiznuthian

oh, sorry for telling you all to get over your "addiction". perhaps i was being a prick about it, i'll apologize for that, but ive known many people who say they can't stop smoking and once they do they don't sleep. the thing they all had in common was they weren't taking care of their mental and/or physical health. either that or they would not set any personal goals for themselves other than how to get enough weed every paycheck.

buying a cheap sack of midgrade just to ensure you can smoke a little nightly is a bad habit.

Archived