IGNORED

Why is it cool to hate radiohead?

impakt

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't particularly like them because I've never really listened to them. Seems most irl people I know do like them.

I'm still probably not going to bother listening.

they do remind me of everything bad about 00's/bush years, like they have perfectly encapsulated it somehow, but this is not really a good thing, just EFFECTIVE. King of Limbs, I thought Bloom, Feral, Lotus Flower were alright the whole album should've been in the flavor of Bloom imo, as a song it looks most like the cover.

Also I really like pyramid song and knives out looking back, live version of like spinning plates is interesting. But seeing as Thom Yorke is supposed to idolize WATMM featured artists/warp records they're pretty much a failure at that.

Even when I was little I still thought of radiohead songs as interesting but I could put it into words (in a bad way). Like ooh this is the spooky backwards song, this one is the icy-sounding song, this is the one that sounds like heaven but in an achey way/like old abandoned 1950's movie set of heaven

meanwhile WATMM featured artists I'm still trying to figure out WHAT I'm feeling in certain songs

at the same time I think watmm type songs mesh better with the natural environment SOMEHOW in spite of alienness, like on car rides or whatever. Radiohead I haven't really had the desire to throw it on mp3 player imo. It sounds like it's supposed to be listened at a concert/is playing on a stage. Which makes sense considering it is still rock but yeah they. just. don't. get. it.

although I will say one thing: Thom Yorke reverb technology just keeps getting more and more advanced and I'm jealous of that bit

Archived