IGNORED

lord of the flies

Guest Helper ET

Guest Helper ET

so i read the book in junior high. just watched the movie. it takes a little while to get good, but then theyre fucking going wild and its chaos and awesome

problem is, the ending is gay. they should have just let the kids exist there until they all killed each other. would have made for a much better movie

that is all

Guest Conor74

I think it's all an allegory. What the book is really about is animals running a farm, and the differing ideas of pigs and horses on how best to do so.

Guest Conor74

And now I think of it, not only is it an allegory for pigs and donkeys running a farm, that in turn is an allegory for women having sex with farmyard animals.

Come on, anyone who remembers the 80s remembers that...

Guest ZeroHour

the 2 best parts in both movies is piggys death

and im pretty sure that the book is an allegory about the innate human savagery within all of us, and the fact that through social conditioning it is kept hidden away

The 1963 Black and White Version is class! Well worth a watch.

Favourite quote:

"We're not savages, we're English. And, the English are the best are everything!"

Always thought that would make a good sample for some reason, bit heavy on the patriotism though.

Actually, there is most definitely room for a solid re-working of this story. Nothing Hollywood-ised in particular, but maybe have the kids being evacuated from Israel or another modern warring region (Korea?).

Actually, there is most definitely room for a solid re-working of this story. Nothing Hollywood-ised in particular, but maybe have the kids being evacuated from Israel or another modern warring region (Korea?).

like battle royale?

There are similarities, but I was thinking of something more about politics and the construction of human civilisation rather than a death-game.

Guest beatfanatic

read the book and watched the movie (black and white version) in high school. I loved it.

During the first season, the abc show Lost seemed like an adult version of Lord of the flies. It still probably is.

i fell in love with the book back in school and also the old black and white movie - its still one of the best looks into the human psyche

i must pick it up and read it again

Guest Conor74

well that's animal farm then innit

Yes!

Didn't every kid read Lord of the Flies and think wow, what an allegory for the human condition. And then read Animal Farm and think wow, another great allegory, only this time it's about political thought.

So when I said the former was an allegory about horses running farms...ach, never mind. The best bit was when Holden Caulfield killed Piggy...think it was Napoleon, the most important piggy...

the abc show Lost seemed like an adult version of Lord of the flies. It still probably is.

if by 'adult' you mean $500 hair styles, makeup jobs and clean fashionable clothing yes i agree

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Lord_of_the_Flies

lol I only recognized the part where Charlie literally mentioned it.

Archived