IGNORED

Shortbus

impakt

So last night I watched Shortbus, what a brilliant film! Perhaps it doesn't hit everyone, but to me it was extremely good; funny, sad and optimistic at the same time. Very good "acting"(I think a lot of it is real and can't really be called acting?). Very good soundtrack. All in all one of my favorite films, the sex scenes felt natural and not out of place like in most films.

Voyeurism is participation, did you like it?

i saw it in a theatre full of middle aged berkeley yuppies, it was pretty interesting seeing people with goatees and thick rimmed glasses all watching hardcore sex on screen.

i think it was a pretty good film, i liked it not quite as much as Hedwig but i appreciated the mostly unknown cast/ensemble. Some of the acting, especially of the main asian lady character i found a little flat but it's probably hard to find any good actors willing to have penetration sex on screen.

i saw it in a theatre full of middle aged berkeley yuppies, it was pretty interesting seeing people with goatees and thick rimmed glasses all watching hardcore sex on screen.

i think it was a pretty good film, i liked it not quite as much as Hedwig but i appreciated the mostly unknown cast/ensemble. Some of the acting, especially of the main asian lady character i found a little flat but it's probably hard to find any good actors willing to have penetration sex on screen.

Yeah, she was not the best in the film.

All I remember about that film was sodomy and Animal Collective.

Recipe for success!

The part where the dude jerked off into his own mouth was my favorite part.

Honestly though, I wasn't "blown" away by the film. I think if it "came out" in the late '60s (perhaps "69") it would have made a more significant ejaculation.

Guest Al Hounos

I mean I'm really happy I saw that movie, it was the first time I'd heard Animal Collective. I fucking love Animal Collective. I'll watch hours of sodomy and autofellatio to discover a band like them.

From what I remember, it was an otherwise painfully indulgent and dull film - a movie made to say something about the director instead of a movie that is made to say something important, which was the intention I think....

Archived