IGNORED

Deru - Say Goodbye To Useless

Redruth

Ok so I'm really enjoying this, I think it's very good. Quite a bit more, how should I say, engaging I guess, than his last one, Trying to Remember. I enjoyed that one too but I feel this one's less of an audio wallpaper than the previous.

I don't really hear similarities to The Landau Orchestra, nor do I get white boy vibes (no more than in any other electronic music, never thought much of it really), nor do I feel it awkward that it's coming out in 2010 and sounds too much like early 00s downtempo. I'm not saying it's groundbreaking, but I find it fresh & modern, I don't get a dated vibe from this at all. Most of the tracks have been very enjoyable. 'Cottonmouth Lothario' just finished, that was quite good.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Smuckers

maybe i should give this a listen again. i can't remember a single track.

i think you should! if you like deru you will be pleased by this.

like i said ..the opening tracks are really well laid out, they

really catch you of guard. i am very impressed with

this whole album. maybe my second or third

favorite album so far this year.

Gave it another listen through earlier this evening and my initial impression stands firm. not in the same league as trying to remember.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

damn the track in that video is wicked fresh, sweet, I really liked pushing air but havent heard much of his other work, definitely gonna get this

Archived