IGNORED

FAX

soundwave

So who is (or was) into FAX? [FAX official FAX unofficial

Dreamfish was my first and is still one of my faves along with everything Tetsu Inoue and Atom heart has done tho Namlook is the man

Charles Uzzle Edwards and Move are also amonst my faves

shame the label's slowed down of late but its more quality then quantity these days which can't be a bad thing

Any FAX fans here on watmm?

FAX records was a big part of my electronic music listening early on, I remember the first time i heard Pete Namlook & Jonah Sharp's Alien Community CD. i was like 'this is just an hour long techno track?' but quickly grew to love it. World Receiver by Tetsu Inoue is probably still my #2 favorite ambient.

Guest narkeworld

FAX is a great label. The first 'From Within' is nice. The first two releases in the 'Silence' series are great. S.H.A.D.O part 1 is nice, haven't heard the second one yet. There are more I like but yeah FAX is nice.

I used to love this label in it's early days and it has influenced me deeply. Pete Namlook - Air (aka "You") will always have special place in my heart (and record collection).

One day I'm going to have a proper work through some of the FAX releases, I just normally have a quick look on Discogs and get a bit intimidated by the size of the catalogue. The only thing I've heard is the Spacetime Continuum record, which was only a limited run there anyway.

One day I'm going to have a proper work through some of the FAX releases, I just normally have a quick look on Discogs and get a bit intimidated by the size of the catalogue. The only thing I've heard is the Spacetime Continuum record, which was only a limited run there anyway.

Dreamfish, outland, and SHADOW dude :cool:

Guest Hanratty

FAX is a great label. The first 'From Within' is nice. The first two releases in the 'Silence' series are great. S.H.A.D.O part 1 is nice, haven't heard the second one yet. There are more I like but yeah FAX is nice.

these are all great. i would also add the two Jochem Paap albums. the problem with Fax is there is so much boring ambient in there. There are some gems too but you have to dig for it. Still, I love Fax.

I forgot if you want to hear snippets then http://www.emusic.com/browse/l/b/-dbm/a/0-0/1400089979+1200000281/0.html although you really can't judge the longer ambient tracks very well by 30sec clips.

more Fax recommendations please!

SHADOW 1&2

Alien Community

Jet Chamber

Exploring The Psychedelic Landscape

Fires of Ork 1&2

Ambient Otaku (and every other album with Inoue)

2350 Broadway 1-5

Dreamfish 1&2

Outland

Octopus 1&3

Earthling

Waiting for Snow

Namlook X

Air 1&2

Schwerelos

Russian Spring

From Within 1&2

Supergroup

Escape (disk 2)

Wechselspannung 1&2

Sultan

pp · nmlk

the Ambient Cookbook series isn't that great imho but the other Ambient comps are good starting blocks

are there reissues of any classic Fax releases available? I like to buy cds.

some got a re-release on Ambient World but the original FAX issues were always made in 500-1000 which made them instantly collectable and some have gone for silly money on ebay

the more popular series like Silence, Jet chamber, 2350, Psychonavigation had a limited run of 320kb CD collections with 4-5 albums on each disk but I'm not sure if these are still knocking about

best place to look for the newer stuff is amazon, earational or grove.nl other than that try hunting around on gemm

Guest Ominous

i haven't given this label enough time and money; but a couple of years ago, i was really into:

Dark side of the Moog XI

Move D / Namlook - There!

Archived