IGNORED

how beautiful is the artwork to drone albums?

Guest Backson

Guest Glass Plate

I was thinking more about the more recent Cassette tape scene.

Where it's all about the handcrafted limited edition cassette worship shit going around. People just see a picture of the "beautiful cassette" see it's 7$ and buy it.

i don't see what's wrong with that, really. someone likes the idea so they buy it, and the person who made it makes some money, isn't everyone a winner in this situation?

I don't think I said a single negative comment, I was just describing it for what it is. The only negative thing is the fact it's music but it's purely about commodity and has nothing to do with the music.

this thread is such a fucking fail.

quintessential post:

it's music but it's purely about commodity and has nothing to do with the music.

notable mention: 12k as drone label...

so many facepalms...

this thread is such a fucking fail.

quintessential post:

it's music but it's purely about commodity and has nothing to do with the music.

notable mention: 12k as drone label...

so many facepalms...

oh drone... i missed that part... i was just talking about the art actually. carry on.

i make handmade 1/1 cassettes and put weird old newspaper clippings, notes i found on the ground, snake oil salesman cards, etc inside of them. i usually just give them to friends, but i have sold a few in noise shops. i haven't seen a penny back, but whatever. it may be about commodity to some people but how idealistic and purist can you really try to get with selling art? at least it seems like nowadays less people are taking photos of themselves looking serious in a field.

Archived