IGNORED

Sleeping problems

halisray

aren't night sweats (and frequent night urination) some of the signs of diabetes?

i am diabetic and wake up sweaty at night. i think that is correct, if you are suffering from hyperglycemia. frequent urination, day and night, is also another big sign.

i drink tons of water, but i think its more because of my meds than diabetes...who knows though,

i got a weird light brown spot on my toe, i was worried it was diabetes related skin irritation.

Guest Franklin

Hey guys,

The past couple of weeks, about 3-4 times a week I would wake up in the middle of the night sweating from head to toe. I did not experience any nightmares, or necessarily had any alcoholic or intoxicating substances beforehand. Does anyone have a clue as to why I keep waking up sweating like crazy?

when you wake up sweating do you also:

1. feel anxious?

2. have an increased heart rate?

3. feel increased muscle tone?

4. have a difficult time getting back to sleep?

Have you ever experienced this kind of thing before? like in semesters past when you had important papers due? Or before a first day at a new job or something?

If you answer these we can narrow down the possibilities.

i shit myself the other day after an out-of-the-blue dizzy spell which lasted through the night and into the next day. really dizzy like i was too drunk, but i'd not been drinking. anyway, got well worried and thought about diabetes and anaemia and brain tumours and all sorts of stupid shit. went to the doctor explained all my fears, he gave me a thorough checkup and diagnosed a mild inner ear infection. it's never the life threatening disease you've convinced yourself it is. touch wood.

Inner Ear infections are pretty serious. A girl I know had one and she had to learn how to walk again from scratch. Like she lost all of her balance, she had to start like a baby all over again. She was like 18.

Guest ezkerraldean

i've had that happen before, one time was just after i fought off some horrific cold that had also made my joints hurt really bad. for about a week i'd sweat shitloads every night and wake up at 4 in a disgustingly soggy bed - despite being otherwise healthy at that point.

if it's chronic then i'd imagine it was stress or something. try sleeping somewhere else perhaps

Archived