IGNORED

Red Dead Redemption

Guest GrandPopPoplock

i just finished red dead redemption, it's easily one of the best games i've played, sure, some of the missions in mexico dragged on a bit, but then it picks up again, and the ending (the real ending, it aint over 'til the credits roll) was awesome. storywise, i enjoyed this a whole lot more than gta4.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

about 10 hours in now. not really done many missions but played poker,blackjack,5 finger fillet,horseshoe etc. bought new weapons, new places to live in each town. lasso'd me a new stallion. skinned alot and sold the hides/meat. infact mostly i've been hunting. as a vegetarian i find this oddly enjoyable.

i never finished gta so hopefully this will hold my attention. so far i think it will.

I think one of the reasons why this is more appealing and enjoyable is that the open wasteland/untamed west setting works much better for a "sandbox" game than Liberty City.

Yeah, exactly. Liberty City might had a lot of activity but in between main- or side-missions there was not a lot to do. Just boring people getting on with their lives. In this wild west everyone is fighting for a fuck and a dollar and that really shines through in of all those simple but effective random events. They might repeat themselves a lot, but tackling them different ways and the fact they are quite varied make it much more fun than driving to and finishing the same type of mission 50 times. Treasure maps are great as well.

Some quick design changes would make this game a lot better though. The looting, gathering and skinning animations are very irritating and horsebreaking should have been much more dynamic.

Anyway, fantastic game. I'm gonna try and find myself a better horse. How do you spot good horses though? Do you just ride them to evaluate?

Guest ZeroHour

There are 3 horses in the game which are considered the best, that are three stars.

First is a Kentucky Saddler or something. You get this from doing a mission with Bonnie, its sort of a sandy blonde colour.

The other is a Hungarian Half-bred. This ones like a light gray with a darker face. Find this in Mexico.

The last is an American Standard Bred, this ones completely black. Find this one in the Great Plains.

Just watched an in-game movie.

Holy LOL

heheh I've seen two in game movies, the anti suffragettes one and the "miracle elixir" one, both are hilarious :D

Also, the most intense random encounter I found was when I was hunting one night and came accross a dead body with what appeared to be a wife to the side crying, she picked up a gun from the ground and shot herself, I tried to go into dead eye to disarm her but I was far too late as she had already blown herself to shit....

I was awed.... this game is special... and that wasn't a story mission, just a random occurrence.

I surprised no-one's posted this yet -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sTonjFnE94

I would so buy this game if it wasn't for the fact that those glitches will probably be long patched by the time I actually picked up a copy (probably around 2015)

LOL!!

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

llol

only glitch i saw so far was when the elixor guy was talking in a cutscene he suddenly became invisible. still talking away but no one on the screen.

how do the characters get mixed up so much? men as birds etc

I guess it's a case of just incorrect random model getting assigned to incorrect random character. Everything would have bones rigged up anyway so that's why they can behave 'properly' e.g. the flapping of arms for the 'man-birds'

Why it happens, however, is a mystery that no doubt Rockstar Games are working out....

Guest Gary C

Just crashed during my first big battle with the machine gun (Fort Mercer). The first big battle.

Very poor. For shame.

Edit: I have been playing it for almost 5 hours straight, but still...

only glitch i saw so far was when the elixor guy was talking in a cutscene he suddenly became invisible. still talking away but no one on the screen.

Actually they are not invisible but are moved about 10 meters. I have this glitch quite often, maybe every 2 hours or so.

Haven't seen the switched models bug though. Pretty sweet that the human models work on the horse rigs lol. I'd like to see what a horse on a human rig looks like.

I am about to start the last marston ranch mission, when I finish the game can I continue playing or should I wait to finish the last mission?

I always accidentally run over people with my horse and it always fucks up the mission I'm on.

I am about to start the last marston ranch mission, when I finish the game can I continue playing or should I wait to finish the last mission?

I always accidentally run over people with my horse and it always fucks up the mission I'm on.

that's not the last mission, and yes, you can continue playing after finishing the story.

yeah the ending/epilogue is superb, and genuinely moving.

after that i went and firebombed a few horses

up to 97.7%, not sure if i can be bothered to complete all the bounties.

nailed 100% last night. none of the game is hard, just time consuming. worth getting 100% because with the Bureau Outfit and the bandana you're pretty much untouchable!

Guest Gary C

Pokemon Emerald > Red Dead Redemption.

Seriously. I've tried, really. I wanted to get into this game. I didn't want to feel like I wasted my time and money, and that I should've just bought Alan Wake.

And maybe I just don't have enough time to put into it, but I'm just not feeling Red Dead. I spend most of my time playing poker because it's the most enjoyable thing for me... and I could play better poker elsewhere.

Pokemon Emerald via a ROM for my HTC Desire however. Mwah! :ok:

Archived