IGNORED

Guest boredroom

Guest ruiagnelo

is there a mirror for this somewhere?

the megaupload one is down

The original upload is not available anymore, but you can ask boredroom to reupload it. Meanwhile i have upped this one: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MB5KFWM5 It has the two sides of the tape split into the 15 tracks and a cover artwork i did with the title 'Bits' in homage to the 'Bytes' that TBD did in the 90's.

capa-1-1.jpg

Is this new version mastered/boosted/anything at all? Or just split with artwork?

You mean mastered version of the files that boredroom originally uploaded?

Guest sirch

the beefed up mastered versions be up'd soon no doubt.

what ruiagnelo did was just to split the tape into individual (15) tracks and put it with some tasty artwork. :)

Guest ruiagnelo

You mean mastered version of the files that boredroom originally uploaded?

Yeah, that's what I mean.

the beefed up mastered versions be up'd soon no doubt.

what ruiagnelo did was just to split the tape into individual (15) tracks and put it with some tasty artwork. :)

sirch said it.

Guest jowonio

Hi Folks will do my best to get worked version of BITS up this weekend.. but for now thought I'd share these with you as some people may have not come across them. Here are lossless versions of 'Island Praise', and the extended version of 'Xeper'. They should keep you going until I can get the other post done..

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=62JM1W3T

all best

J

Guest ruiagnelo

Hi Folks will do my best to get worked version of BITS up this weekend.. but for now thought I'd share these with you as some people may have not come across them. Here are lossless versions of 'Island Praise', and the extended version of 'Xeper'. They should keep you going until I can get the other post done..

all best

J

Beautiful! Thanks Jowonio!

Guest jowonio

all best

J

Beautiful! Thanks Jowonio!

Glad to be able to share these with people who appreciate this wonderful music..

also nice to see a thread on watmm which actually is about something tangible rather than when 'I inhaled a cigarette backwards and it reminded me of a BOC album that never existed...'

may all be well

J

Guest sirch

also nice to see a thread on watmm which actually is about something tangible rather than when 'I inhaled a cigarette backwards and it reminded me of a BOC album that never existed...'

LOL so true!

or, is so and so Aphex Twin, i think it is.. everything is Aphex Twin. look at this picture where Richard is wearing some clothes and has hair!

thanks J, just downloaded those tracks.. very much looking forward to hearing the extended Xeper mix! thanks very much dude :)

all best

J

Hello J,

many thanks for making 'Island Praise' available and all the work you did to get the track.

is the extended version of 'Xeper' the same version as on the 'Trance Europe Express' compilation?

Guest ruiagnelo

Hello J,

many thanks for making 'Island Praise' available and all the work you did to get the track.

is the extended version of 'Xeper' the same version as on the 'Trance Europe Express' compilation?

It seems to me that is the one.

But Jowonio will confirm.

Guest sirch

Island Praise is bloody lovely! and is really good to hear it in such better quality.

thanks again J.

Trainer vinyl will be coming out (again) this weekend! :D

best

ps. ruiagnelo, did you get a reply from Plaid yet? :)

Edited by sirch

Guest ruiagnelo

Island Praise is bloody lovely! and is really good to hear it in such better quality.

thanks again J.

best

Didn't send the email yet.

But tell me: how do you know that the Trainer Vinyl is coming out?

Guest sirch

thanks again J.

best

Didn't send the email yet.

But tell me: how do you know that the Trainer Vinyl is coming out?

Oh! no i meant i will be taking it out of my collection and listening to it at my home. so it will be coming out there.

it's not being released again! haha. sorry :)

Guest jowonio

Hello J,

It seems to me that is the one.

But Jowonio will confirm.

yes sure is.. but thought it would be nice to hear again...

Guest jowonio

Hey Folks

sorry about this.. just had a p.m. from Ken Downie Via Martin from Black Dog, asking me to take the two tracks i posted down, as they are still under license to warp..

so I'm going to have to head over to megaupload and delete the file.. hope you grabbed them if you wanted them..

will be sunday i think when i can get to the BITS thing.. once i sign off in a min, i'm just hanging out with my lovely wife tonight and tomorrow..

loving this thread people..

as part of my reply to the request form Black Dog.. i did ask if they could make some of this material properly available at some point.. let's hope we do one day eh?

see ya sunday

all best

J

Guest ruiagnelo

Hey Folks

sorry about this.. just had a p.m. from Ken Downie Via Martin from Black Dog, asking me to take the two tracks i posted down, as they are still under license to warp..

so I'm going to have to head over to megaupload and delete the file.. hope you grabbed them if you wanted them..

will be sunday i think when i can get to the BITS thing.. once i sign off in a min, i'm just hanging out with my lovely wife tonight and tomorrow..

as part of my reply to the request form Black Dog.. i did ask if they could make some of this material properly available at some point.. let's hope we do one day eh?

see ya sunday

all best

J

Thanks Jowonio, have a nice time ;)

Hey Folks

see ya sunday

all best

J

thanks very much mate !

have a nice weekend !

thanks again J.

best

listening to Chirpy and Prig at the moment... absolutely love these tracks !

Guest jowonio

Hey people

well big thanks to you all in this thread for sharing this tape,and for the lovely bits of artwork and everything

I had a go at the tracks and spent quite abit of time on them.. and i tried to boost them using various means but given that they originally came from a cassette, and that was not well recorded at source.. many of the things i tried just maded the hiss and muddiness worse.. so in the end i just ran through what i would normally do when i digitise a cassette.. bit of normalising, bit of ultra low rumble removal,and tidied up blips and false starts etc in between tracks.

the tracks i guess are not ours to master.. would be nice if TBD oneday trawled their vaults for stuff from their early incarnation and sorted things like this tape out.. plenty of people appreciate the new dog, but still miss the old dog.

did notice a few grumbles on the Black Dog BB about this tape..

but I guess like fans of any music we just love a certain period of the sound, and anything that adds to the apprication of that body of work is welcome. i don't think we're trying to rip anyone off by listening to this tape, or trying to damage TBD's reputation.. it's just enjoying some nostalgia.. and the internet is a good place for that..

hell i even went out and bought the Jimi Hendrix valleys of neptune thing for a nostalgia fix.. anyway..

thank you all

here's my go at the tape..

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IKT13114

laters

J