IGNORED

new track by encym - Sprgl Sprng

encym

Good morning dear WATMM board members,

check out, when you get time, my latest. It's Sprgl Sprng at the encym Soundcloud.

I would love to hear from you! It's a jam -- not too noodly and detailed this time.

Cheers!!!

some great ambiance and sounds here! i'm inclined to say it could use some droney leads over it, but it's actually quite nice as it stands (though it's more something to chill out to in the background as it stands now). good work and welcome to the boards!

oh, and if anyone tells you to "read the rules", they're just saying hello!

Thanks bigs!

It was just a quick jam - I usually work deeper, this time it was long preparation and quick execution to try out new production techniques. Thanks again!

Guest iamabe

Intro - maybe a hint of reverb on that sample so it doesnt cut to dead air each time? would be nice for a bit of "space" in the intro.

Tribal drum pattern is real SAW2. I like it.

Gradual evolution of the track works well. Now work on your production and make it sound a tad larger. nice track overall!

Intro - maybe a hint of reverb on that sample so it doesnt cut to dead air each time? would be nice for a bit of "space" in the intro.

Tribal drum pattern is real SAW2. I like it.

Gradual evolution of the track works well. Now work on your production and make it sound a tad larger. nice track overall!

Thanks iamabe.

I'm sure I'll keep working on this. Just a "work in progress" snapshot; I usually let the music ripen more but I really wanted to get something Elektron-y out asap.

Are you working on music too?

Guest iamabe

yep, but I never finish any of it so I don't feel ready to post in EKT yet. I posted an unfinished track once and didnt get very good responses.

I have probably 200 unfinished ideas and about 2 tracks i would actually ever show anyone other than close friends.

yep, but I never finish any of it so I don't feel ready to post in EKT yet. I posted an unfinished track once and didnt get very good responses.

I have probably 200 unfinished ideas and about 2 tracks i would actually ever show anyone other than close friends.

I understand you. Considering the quality of the work of Autechre and so many other terrifyingly good music producers, it's really quite hard to determine whether something is "good enough" for the public.

Guest illfly mandog

I understand you. Considering the quality of the work of Autechre and so many other terrifyingly good music producers, it's really quite hard to determine whether something is "good enough" for the public.

Agreed. Everyday I learn some new technique or musical idea or something. Then I listen to some of these cats out there and i hear how well they execute these techniques. It is terrifying.

Nice track by the way. Very laid back feel.

Guest Sprigg

Nice and chill, man. I'd listen to this. 'Good enough for the public' my arse, if you like it that's enough.

Personally, I would definitely add some reverb to that drum in the beginning... the sudden quiet was kinda... jarring and didn't fit with the rest of the track.

Otherwise, it's tight, man, keep it up.

Nice and chill, man. I'd listen to this. 'Good enough for the public' my arse, if you like it that's enough.

Personally, I would definitely add some reverb to that drum in the beginning... the sudden quiet was kinda... jarring and didn't fit with the rest of the track.

Thanks!

Yeah you're right about "Good enough for the public" but that could as well read " Good enough for me" because I'm a harsher critic to my own work than anybody else.

Guest iamabe

I guess I don't mean "good enough for the public". I mean that I am shy about showing people my stuff. It's easy for me to praise my own works but I have no idea what they sound like to other people. One of my last roommates made fun of me for auditioning kick drums for hours and it drove him insane :P

I like it when the train sounds come in.

Perhaps the drums could stand to be messed effectsed up a bit more. As it stands now it's sort of walking the line between straight up techno music beats & odd ambient music beats.

I guess I don't mean "good enough for the public". I mean that I am shy about showing people my stuff. It's easy for me to praise my own works but I have no idea what they sound like to other people. One of my last roommates made fun of me for auditioning kick drums for hours and it drove him insane :P

Then please do show us some!

I like it when the train sounds come in.

Perhaps the drums could stand to be messed effectsed up a bit more. As it stands now it's sort of walking the line between straight up techno music beats & odd ambient music beats.

Thanks Cryptowen! There will be some additional production! Stay tuned!

Guest Greg Reason

This is really good, I enjoyed it lots. I like how clean and fresh the production is.

This is really good, I enjoyed it lots. I like how clean and fresh the production is.

Cheers man, be prepared for a more polished and intricate remix soon.

Guest Sprigg

Thanks!

Yeah you're right about "Good enough for the public" but that could as well read " Good enough for me" because I'm a harsher critic to my own work than anybody else.

Ah, yeah.. I think we all tend to be our harshest critics.

Thanks!

Ah, yeah.. I think we all tend to be our harshest critics.

Even though I must say that sometimes, as with this piece, I just say to myself, "This is different from my other work - more jammed perhaps, and there fore less hard work but still interesting."

^I don't know about that. I have hardware & software, & some of my best jamming (by which I mean making parts on the fly using instinct & having it all come together) was done with the latter. It's all about getting into the grooooovvvveeeee

nice production, but i wasn't really feeling this tbh. bit too slow to progress and not enough changes and stuff for my tastes.

nice production, but i wasn't really feeling this tbh. bit too slow to progress and not enough changes and stuff for my tastes.

Thanks for your comment! The few changes were quite intentional. As always, I know very specifically what I'm aiming for and how to get there.

In this instance, a refixx of Sprgl Sprng.

Archived