IGNORED

tool 2010

Guest tht tne

Guest Greg Reason

It's precisely that fire that holds it back imo. Lateralus was the only time Tool ever stopped being so egotistical and let their music work for a positive force rather than a negative one (with the sole exception of Ticks and Leeches)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

without going into detail, I disagree strongly

with u on that!

Also, i've got my tickets for the Austin, tx show! Excited to see them again, first time since seeing them a bunch on the lateralus tour!

goin to Seattle show. do not know who is opening.

I went to a Spokane show and after Jambi Maynard says "Hello all you drunk bastards in Spotucky!"

Guest tht tne

i like ænima more than lateralus... i can relate to it more... but lateralus is almost entirely excellent too

Guest tht tne

setlist from 6.19, first night of tour:

Third Eye

Jambi

Ions

Stinkfist

Vicarious

Eon Blue Apocalypse

The Patient

Intolerance

Schism

46&2

Lateralus

Aenema

dude, third eye as first song? that sounds pretty intense.

i would almost rather hear that one as a closer; otherwise sensory overload abounds way too early into the show. at the same time, looks like a really good set; good to see a nice undertow throwback besides 'sober' thrown in as well.

even though i'm not very fond of the latest album at all, i would still throw down cash to see them if they played set lists like this

hopefully they will switch it up a bit this little tour. apparently they have lots of new visuals and the stage set up is different too. there are like 7 screens or something now, 2 of which move around.

i'd also bet on at least 1 new song or jam towards the end of the tour.

Guest Greg Reason

They opened with Third Eye on pretty much every date on the Aenima tour and the first wing of Lateralus.

They opened with Third Eye on pretty much every date on the Aenima tour and the first wing of Lateralus.

i think they added a tim leary video this time for the "think for yourself" speech...

Guest tht tne

hopefully they will switch it up a bit this little tour. apparently they have lots of new visuals and the stage set up is different too. there are like 7 screens or something now, 2 of which move around.

i'd also bet on at least 1 new song or jam towards the end of the tour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g643IRIsaA

this says 2010 but i don't know for sure which show it's from... nice screenage... poor quality vid though and cuts off before end of song apparently

I've been trying to get stuff done at work for the past 2 hours but all I can think of is breaking out of here and heading for the show. *excite*

edit: sad lol I bought an extra ticket and have no one to give it to :cry: Guess I'll give it away to someone at the show or sumppin'.

Guest tht tne

edit: sad lol I bought an extra ticket and have no one to give it to :cry: Guess I'll give it away to someone at the show or sumppin'.

blaergh i wish they were coming to atlanta

Guest tht tne

blaergh i wish they were coming to atlanta

also Brandi_B you are kind of funny because you invited me to tortoise, had a bunch of guys at your house, & now want someone to go to tool with you

i am not even a cool hot girl but i am still very cautious about meeting internet people... i guess that when it comes down to it you are just "not scurred"

I'm still quite cautious. However, I have learned that if you are not overly flirty with guys (or flirty at all), they typically don't try to rape you. But lead them on and that's asking for trouble, so I always try to put forward the "i'm only a friend" vibe quite strong. Even though that can backfire. I also do not get intoxicated around people I don't know/just met save for a few puffs here and there, but nothing heavy that's gonna make me need to sit on the ground and drift off into space.

off to ze show!

edit: also the reason I have a spare ticket is b/c the one person I was hoping may be a good fit turned out to be a lil too sketchy for me, not THAT bad, but the type that you think, yeah a few drinks and he's going apeshit. So yeah...mehhh. :)

Guest tht tne

i was kinda looking for more Brandi_B-isms on how girls turn guys off that they don't like

brandi_b is at a tool concert getting felt up by hairy truck drivers so you're on your own son

Hands down, one of the best effing shows I've ever attended. Well worth the 2 hour drive. They were on point and played some of my fav's and the lights, well. The lights. LASERSSSSS. They finally beat NIN in the "our show is cool looking and cutting edge" dept.

Srsly, go to this show. Take drugs. GO sober. It doesn't matter, allthough (i was sober) some of the trippiest visuals and screens, etc i've ever seen.

PS - Lots and lots of synths. Breakdowns, interludes, backing. Everyone in the band at one time was doing something on the synth during something or somewhere. I look forward to this on their next album. Some fantastic sounds. Someone even said "I FEEL LIKE I"M AT A APHEX TWIN CONCERT". Not really, I though that for a second though.

Jambi, 46 & 2, and Lateralus. All highlights.

GONNNNNNNNNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew when it was coming, DAMN that's a loud gong.

*passes out*

with the amount of gigging they do, they be rolling in money (not that their album sales are anything to scoff at). too bad they only bother to gig in the US and only hit a few european festivals when doing their album tour...well, at least i've gotten to see them twice, once at a festival when doing their lateralus tour and then a proper concert after 10k days.

Hands down, one of the best effing shows I've ever attended. Well worth the 2 hour drive. They were on point and played some of my fav's and the lights, well. The lights. LASERSSSSS. They finally beat NIN in the "our show is cool looking and cutting edge" dept.

Srsly, go to this show. Take drugs. GO sober. It doesn't matter, allthough (i was sober) some of the trippiest visuals and screens, etc i've ever seen.

PS - Lots and lots of synths. Breakdowns, interludes, backing. Everyone in the band at one time was doing something on the synth during something or somewhere. I look forward to this on their next album. Some fantastic sounds. Someone even said "I FEEL LIKE I"M AT A APHEX TWIN CONCERT". Not really, I though that for a second though.

Jambi, 46 & 2, and Lateralus. All highlights.

GONNNNNNNNNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew when it was coming, DAMN that's a loud gong.

*passes out*

burger_top.gif

ggggggggggggggg

it's 6:30. Had to get up at 4:30 to be at work by quarter till 6. GOt home at 2:30. *mehhhhhh*

Just biked in to say they also played "intolerance" and it was superb, sounded great. more later.

burger_bottom.gif

right before they started to play "Anema" Maynard said. ALRIGHT! Douchebagsaywhat?

He had a lot of good quips but I couldn't understand half of them. He kept saying "it'll all work out". Numerous times. Which actually helped a bit b/c it was a clusterf*ck of people trying to figure out where their seats were, and tons of security everywhere shining their flashlights on anyone using a cell phone to record.

massive facepalm on putting chairs on the "floor area". I thought venues had realized by now that it causes more bad than good for the most part.

Archived