Intension

Right in Two

You Lied

Schism (with jam)

Lateralus (with huge jam)

Danny Carey laptop section with massive drone

Aenima

Stinkfist (long version)

Fucking incredible, they were in finer form tonight than last and the whole thing was phenomenal. They were on it from start to finish, and it was a really surprising and mellow set for the most part. You Lied was a definite surprise; I think this is the first time they've played that since 1997...

Danny's laptop part was a definite highlight, some real solid dark ambient/synth drone stuff. And the jam in Lateralus was absolutely incredible.

Saw them at the BDO yesterday and just missed out on tickets today. Maynard didn't seem too into it, Fucking incredible visuals, not the most inspired performance though

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Greg Reason

Yeah Maynard never really seems too into it. He fucking nailed Flood at BDO though, and his singing was excellent throughout at the solo show tonight, he seemed to be putting a bit more energy into it. He never sings the ending of Vicarious though (even on the first wave of 10,000 Days he only sang it at one out of four shows that I saw) and they rarely do The Pot because it's too high for him now. Respect due though, he is getting old.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah Maynard never really seems too into it. He fucking nailed Flood at BDO though, and his singing was excellent throughout at the solo show tonight, he seemed to be putting a bit more energy into it. He never sings the ending of Vicarious though (even on the first wave of 10,000 Days he only sang it at one out of four shows that I saw) and they rarely do The Pot because it's too high for him now. Respect due though, he is getting old.

Old? Man... 10,000 Days was only a few years ago. But fuck me how the years are flying by...

They are all well in their 40s, except Chancellor, and Carey will be hitting the big 50 this year. I doubt they'll be like the Rolling Stones and still be touring into their late 60s. Not that 40-50 is especially old in this day and age.

• 3 months later...

unfortunately I'm thinking their next album will be their last. Maynard and Adam will be 50 in a few years. hopefully they will kick out the live DVD and some other stuff though.

I would like to believe that they would keep releasing albums but cut down on the touring, but somehow I have a feeling they see their live show as the most integral part of their craft and would rather just put Tool to bed than cut down the touring. I could see them keeping busy with other projects though. Maybe Carey will do something with all the crazy synths he has collected over the years.

at the current pace of 5-6 years in between albums, I have a tough time picturing a tool album coming out in 2017 with 3 of the 4 members in their early to mid-fifties. man that's a depressing thought...

Archived