IGNORED

that isn't your face

chim

rather simple tune, playing around alot with the instruments, trying to keep headspace with fewer sounds as well..

it's quite finished though, even did some mastering on it.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.c...&songID=3627019

also, a bonustrack i posted some time ago since you bastards never check out my music. :ermm:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.c...&songID=3627097

Guest wasps

it's got a very techy, retro vibe. i find it strangely comforting, actually. what's there is very DANCE, and reminds me of alot of the stuff around at the late 90s. certain bits sound a little like orbital, which is never a bad thing, unless you're trying to ape the horrendous 'altogether' album.

ok crits: there are bits where the bass's timing gltiches. the mix is a bit allovertheplace, the main synth sound is too high ion the mix.. there's a second snare that comes in too loud.

it depends on what you're going for. if you're deliberately after a retro vibe, then i think you need to work on structure and getting things in sync more. this song could be half the length and not suffer. if you're after something more contemporary, then some of the sounds need to be updated.

i don't know if that's helpful of not.

This is pretty groovy, man. Has some slight problems with the mixing. You should bring up that bass more. Make it thump! It kind of sounds like it's more in the distance. I think some of those pads should come up a bit, too, at least in the beginning.

Moves along nicely, and also has some good change-ups, but it sounds like you run out of ideas at some point. You could probably cut it a minute. It's still a good tune as is, though.

Good one, mate!

thanks a ton for the replies, yeah you're quite spot on with the ideas. I do have a bad habit of stretching out tunes to the "pop" structure. And about the bass, I first thought the bass was going to be a bit playful and not too prominent, but yeah it doesn't quite work out with the dancey groove.

Guest Promo

Sounds okay to me man. That last synth layer reminded me quite a lot of an early Autechre synth. I'd say you haven't created a 'killer' or 'knock out' melody/vibe but its pretty nice all the same. I'm quite enjoying this I must admit. Yeah its simple but effective and everything fits together very nicely. My biggest fear as I'm listening is whether or not 5/6mins odd is going to be too much. I have to say I haven't got to the end of the track yet though. Yeah very 'artificial intelligence' era techno/electronic music. It actually traversed the mile pretty damn well to be fair. Good stuff I'd say, certainly an enjoyable listen and a keeper too.

Guest yan_g of course!

IRAIL* : very ae-amberish vibe, 2nd synth remonds more of plaid. wow first time i review a track for ages ! (i'm in a cyber with good headphones). the track's well done though it's not very original... 3rd synth reminds of goon. that track has something addictive. that plaidish synth in the end evolves into an autechrish synth. nice listen. i'd keep it if it were my hard drive !

* I Review As I Listen

Archived