IGNORED

PICASSO GOES FOR 106 MILLION

Guest No Pomo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do they just put the money in Picasso's grave so he can enjoy it?

It is sad to me that an artist has to be dead to fetch those kinds of prices for his/her paintings.

See Koons, Hirst, etc.

I know who they are smart guy, and to my knowledge none of them have ever gotten 100 million dollars for any of their work.

Painting is a bit shit.

You don't get it , is not about the painting. Is about a piece of shit wealthy white male , mid-40's hanging the painting in his 14-room mansion's living room and inviting all his rich friends to see his latest acquisition , all about street cred.

Guest Ricky Downtown

is that really how big it is?

I don't think the price of a painting is proportional to its size

it's the other way around dude

Guest Glass Plate

Do they just put the money in Picasso's grave so he can enjoy it?

It is sad to me that an artist has to be dead to fetch those kinds of prices for his/her paintings.

See Koons, Hirst, etc.

I know who they are smart guy, and to my knowledge none of them have ever gotten 100 million dollars for any of their work.

Multi-millionaire artist Damien Hirst wildly exceeded expectations on Tuesday with a record-breaking sale of 218 items for 111 million pounds ($198 million), underscoring the resilience of the high-end art market.

was that a joke? Making multi-millions is what Koons and Hirst are basically famous for in the 21st century.

Guest Glass Plate

218 items for 198 million comes up to $908,256 each. Where is the piece that either of them sold for 100 million dollars?

Recently, Hirst's 100 million dollar diamond-encrusted skull, was 65 million pounds. (For the love of God)

And the 111 million pounds is all going to the same show, which basically is one art piece made of many smaller pieces.

Lol, money really is abstract. If there's no Rembrandt amongst the most valuable paintings then I really can't take it seriously

Guest bigs

I can't see the picture which is even better.

Think of how many video games you could make with 106 million!

almost pooped myself haha

Think of how many mspaint penises you could make with 106 million!

no kidding, i think this was pretty much picasso's version of mspaint anyway. Looks quite lazy.

lol, just lol.

Funny that probably the most beautiful thing on earth (creativity/art) is always treated, in its best forms, as luxury goods. Kind of depressing if you ask me.

yea :(

Guest bigs

Lol, money really is abstract. If there's no Rembrandt amongst the most valuable paintings then I really can't take it seriously

there's more to art than realism!

there's more to art than realism!

No, no NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Archived