IGNORED

Signaldrfit - Two Agents

BOCfan

Finally, a new Signaldrift album! :yeah:

It feels like ages since they last released anything, and I'm a huge fan, so this is very welcome news indeed. You can sample a track from the forthcoming album, Yesterday's Tomorrow, here.

The track at the very top of their myspace page, also a new one, at least I think so: Clicky.

Guest Enter a new display name

Awesome! I only own a copy of Set Design, and I never bothered listening to the rest of their discography.

He opened a live set with this track last year...was hoping for a release and here it is. Though...I really hate the MIDI-sounding piano and acoustic guitar in this.

However I am a big big fan of Franz and all things Wobblyhead/etc so I will unquestionably pick up anything he does.

Also, Compass FTW.

Awesome. I had read that it was coming out in the winter so this is a pleasant surprise. It'll be hard to top Set Design though.

Has anyone heard this stuff before from Signaldrift? - 060

Sounds like new material to me.

Negative. .060 was one of his first records, if not the first. I've got a copy of the original issued CD-R. Definitely good, but definitely not new at all.

Has anyone heard this stuff before from Signaldrift? - 060

Sounds like new material to me.

Negative. .060 was one of his first records, if not the first. I've got a copy of the original issued CD-R. Definitely good, but definitely not new at all.

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up for me. :flower:

• 3 weeks later...

Now THAT'S more like it. I was worried a bit that the new record was gonna sound too different, being the first one with this new second member guy, but Planetarium really shines in that way only Franz's music can. Definitely more excited for this than I was!

Guest uptown devil

Here's another track, Planetarium, from the new abum: Planetarium.

Some nice work going on here. Anyone picked up the full release yet?

i have, it came in the mail earlier this week. planning on listening to it tonight, pretty excited :) can't wait to see them play live next friday

Guest uptown devil

Just ordered this tonight. Record that show Devin! :music:

aww too bad, i was hoping to see you there!

Just ordered this tonight. Record that show Devin! :music:

aww too bad, i was hoping to see you there!

Sadly it's very hard for me to get away, esp. as far up as New York. If I am ever in the area (which is possible, considering my business partner lives in Long Island) I'll let you know...

Guest uptown devil

just finished the album and am a bit disappointed. the only track that i was truly satisfied with was 'Planetarium'. as for the rest of the album, i was a bit bored with the lack of focus on melody and variation of beat, as well as rather uninspired production - i.e. straight forward 'studio produced' drums/guitar/bass. i'm wishing i had spent the $20 on a copy of Set Design or Compass on vinyl. i also don't see why it was released as a double LP.. it was pretty inconvenient to have to change the side after just one or two tracks.

also, is it unreasonable to think that a preorder should include a little something extra?

oh well, still looking forward to seeing them live.

edit:

Sadly it's very hard for me to get away, esp. as far up as New York. If I am ever in the area (which is possible, considering my business partner lives in Long Island) I'll let you know...

yeah i figured, i remember you saying that you didn't care too much for flying. it's a shame the cvj 'tour' isn't heading down your way this time around. then again, when i talked to him after his last show he said he'd never play live again, so who knows!

just finished the album and am a bit disappointed. the only track that i was truly satisfied with was 'Planetarium'. as for the rest of the album, i was a bit bored with the lack of focus on melody and variation of beat, as well as rather uninspired production - i.e. straight forward 'studio produced' drums/guitar/bass. i'm wishing i had spent the $20 on a copy of Set Design or Compass on vinyl. i also don't see why it was released as a double LP.. it was pretty inconvenient to have to change the side after just one or two tracks.

also, is it unreasonable to think that a preorder should include a little something extra?

oh well, still looking forward to seeing them live.

edit:

yeah i figured, i remember you saying that you didn't care too much for flying. it's a shame the cvj 'tour' isn't heading down your way this time around. then again, when i talked to him after his last show he said he'd never play live again, so who knows!

Yikes, that isn't what I wanted to hear! If it's terrible though, I still have my Bremen/Compass/Set Design vinyl to fall back on. However it is worth noting that, for me, Set Design took a little while to grow on me when it first came out. Maybe this will be that way too...

It's definitely a grower.

When I first listened through, I was a little disappointed myself. I found that it didn't have the immediacy of Set Design or Girl. However, repeated listenings are really opening this album up for me, and whilst it's not Signaldrift's best work, there is much to enjoy.

• 1 month later...

I had to bump this to agree. I've really played the shit out of this album since I got it, and, with the exception of the "Go On With Out Me/John's Blues" side (which I find really weak compared to the rest), it's a really awesome record. The first two tracks are some of the slickest new-wavey electronic I've ever heard, and "Planetarium" has to be the most downtempo Signaldrift has been since Compass. "Tense Situations" is like a chase scene in a spy film, looping over and over as the drugs kick in. "Sweet Freedom" is one of the best Signaldrift tracks ever, period!

I had to bump this to agree. I've really played the shit out of this album since I got it, and, with the exception of the "Go On With Out Me/John's Blues" side (which I find really weak compared to the rest), it's a really awesome record. The first two tracks are some of the slickest new-wavey electronic I've ever heard, and "Planetarium" has to be the most downtempo Signaldrift has been since Compass. "Tense Situations" is like a chase scene in a spy film, looping over and over as the drugs kick in. "Sweet Freedom" is one of the best Signaldrift tracks ever, period!

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. :ok:

Archived