IGNORED

the end of the world

vamos scorcho

NASA 2012 Solar Storm Warning

Mainstream scientific concern about 2012 has grown since a recent National Research Council report funded by NASA and issued by the National Academy of Sciences, entitled “Severe Space Weather Events: Understanding Economic and Societal Impact” which details the potential devastation of 2012 solar storms on the current planetary energy grid and because of the inter-linkages of a cybernetic society, on our entire human civilization.

Eta Carine Potential Meganova

2003 QQ47 (If you remember)

(If You Believe)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtnV25LWFQ8

In other words , there are many many thing that could kill us at any moment , at any time , so stop worrying about it and enjoy life. (Is just a matter of time before an unseen asteroid , or a meganova destroys our ozone , etc , etc)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dig that, but I'm talking more along spiritual lines.

cool yeah I don't see much happening there by 2012.

if anyone out there sheds their skin and morphs into a pure light being they can say told you so. :emotawesomepm9:

anyone consider memes re: all this? there are a fuck-tonne of them and they contain a fair bit of novelty. lol if it was all just leading up to batcock. i'm tired.

maybe someone will invent an AI based on information that surrounds any given internet meme. that would be fun to converse with.

Guest joshier

new technology is stumped because of money, you pay and get a little more memory and that system isn't going away until we find some other method of payment to each other. Go ahead, ignore me but I garuntee you there will be yet another storage medium a bit bigger than the onebl before, it will never jump massivly like 50tb rewritable DVDs from 4gb ones.

Guest joshier

Oh and you know what angers me? When people say "we'll create intelligence more intelligent than ours" if that was true then why aren't we the fucking ones "more intelligent". Go ahead, try to say something more intelligent than you can. That statement alone should make someone realise how stupid it is.

Yes, a collective intelligence makes shit faster, but it isn't 'higher'. Many chimps could make a stick but if you had one take up thy task over a ling period of time, it would be within it's reach.

Humans will only be able to create something as equal intelligence as theirselves but having a larger memory with faster pace.

at somepoint we'll store information on the air, and everything will be stored redundantly everywhere. cloud computing will become a literal term.

Guest joshier

Think of it this way, a super computer predicting weather is much faster than us, some may call this "higher intelligence" but throwing more horse power at an algorithm isn't going to get a more accurate and intelliget decision - it will get the average intelligently accurate answer 'quicker'.

Is this about our solar system entering the photon belt and the resulting shift from 3rd to 4th density ("The Rapture")? That's all very interesting and I've read quite a bit about it, but there isn't any convincing evidence that anything will change.

today i was watching "into the universe with stephen hawking" again (that show is....10/10...9/10)

and i got to it for the first time in years. caue the big bang came and started all the whole suff cgoing on down here. so THEN i was thinking what was there before the big bang?

i was going to talk about it then i felt like it was tiring

but really that's the only answer i want. if i could ask any question and get 1 complete explaining / answer i would ask what was there before the big bang

there was nothing.

universe.

nothing.

universe. - - - - - - - - - - - - - > this pattern is represented by the letter A.

nothing.

universe.

etc.

so.... A happens forever? just a pulsating universe in an expanse of infinite time? infinite - non - infinite!

so where does the universe end? that would be a good question too for the deal. where is the "center of the universe"

there is none apparently.

this shit is old but it's still so fun to think about

forget it actually, i know what's going on.

i dont know but if you have any youtubes about black holes or time travles or google videos about crazy cosmic stuff post it because it makes my brain feel really good

fact is nobody knows what the fuck they're talking about when it comes to the beginning/end of time or the boundaries of space and time and what lies beyond but it's great to speculate what goes on in those black holes and stuff, aliens, etc. just space in general

this video is great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln8UwPd1z20

i don't mean that they don't "know" that the big bang happened and that's why we're here, science is spot on just that when it comes to "is the universe infinite or finite" and "is time infinite or finite" i've never heard any scientific explanation

if anybody is even mildly interested in this stuff ... the whole show i just spoke of "into the universe", well it turns out it's on youtube

this show is so good it will have your brain hurting/tingling and your mouth dropped, pressure in your head feeling. the graphics really help demonstrate things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8fI8wdvteU

Guest Babar

i feel fine

...stephen hawkings threw out that periodical universe idea ages ago didn't he? or traded it in for a kind of periodical universe where it reaches a point and then everything including time goes backwards back to the big bang.

And how do you figure out that time is running backward huh ?

This question trickled into my mind a few years ago.

So basically, we can perceive the world as it is thanks to our brain. BUt a brain is not something static, it needs to evolve through time in order to build ideas. It needs time to compute stuffs. No time, no thinking. But that's far worse than that : consciousness is linear (you can't think about two different things at the same time, right ?) and ideas within it have a certain order. Your ideas just seem to grow on time's bedrock, following the same direction. And pretty everyone seems to be ok with that.

But what if time is an illusion made-up by our consciousness ? How can I be sure you and I perceive time in the same way ? In you world, time might be running from future to past, and i wouldn't have the faintest idea of it. Your life might start in the cemetery, you might gradually grow young, forgetting past memories that haven't really happened yet. Finally cracking a match would extinguish a fire : it would absorb it. It would be like being in a movie played backward.

Yet I wouldn't have any clue.

For example, i would say

-Event A is before event B

Of course, from your "backwarded time-zone" you'd experiment event B before event A. But as Befores are always after Afters from your perspective, you'd understand before as after.

Thus you would understand

-Event A is after event B

and it would make sense in your timeline

:zing:

:sorcerer:

I guess any cultural value would be inverted from one time direction to another. For example you could actually experiment a deep joy whilst being whipped the shit out of you, because you'd actually be unwhipped. Each time I'd crack (lol, yeah, looks like i'm the whipper from now on) the whip on your back, pain would fade away, wounds would heal.

Bonus point to anyone that can prove it's not possible.

Oh and you know what angers me? When people say "we'll create intelligence more intelligent than ours" if that was true then why aren't we the fucking ones "more intelligent". Go ahead, try to say something more intelligent than you can. That statement alone should make someone realise how stupid it is.

Yes, a collective intelligence makes shit faster, but it isn't 'higher'. Many chimps could make a stick but if you had one take up thy task over a ling period of time, it would be within it's reach.

Humans will only be able to create something as equal intelligence as theirselves but having a larger memory with faster pace.

as far as I know it's about how much computing power we need to store a working (molecular? chemical?) representation of the human brain and network them and shit onwards from there taking advantage of the processing speeds / quantum computing VS the speed of meat brains reliant on chemicals and shit. and they estimate 25 years or something. as far as I am aware this is all a bit crazy cos brain also requires nervous system and environment, although I spose you can hook up sensors and shit. still yeah I ain't backing this shit or anything.

I can just imagine the first brain models spouting a whole bunch of banal shit "I want to fuck! fuck you! where's my dick? etc" really really quickly.

I just hope we dig up a vault of a past civilisation on mars. with like 10000 years of internet. that would be rad.

another option: our perception of time/reality could also be a illusion caused by the ordering and arranging a huge amount of random data by some sort of system, eg computer. the speed of the ordering system is irrelevant as long as the data has time values embedded. the slices could be generated randomly in any order but only processed when arranged beside each other contiguously.

you could also do this completely randomly for an infinite amount of time and eventually you might get 30 years of reality/consciousness from a point of view that actually makes sense.

probably reads better if you aarrre hiiiiiigghh.. :emotawesomepm9:

Guest Babar

another option: our perception of time/reality could also be a illusion caused by the ordering and arranging a huge amount of random data by some sort of system, eg computer. the speed of the ordering system is irrelevant as long as the data has time values embedded. the slices could be generated randomly in any order but only processed when arranged beside each other contiguously.

you could also do this completely randomly for an infinite amount of time and eventually you might get 30 years of reality/consciousness from a point of view that actually makes sense.

probably reads better if you aarrre hiiiiiigghh.. :emotawesomepm9:

So my brain might have the slice corresponding to the year 2012, but as i don't have the 2011 slice yet i still don't know wheather the world will end or not...

So my brain might have the slice corresponding to the year 2012, but as i don't have the 2011 slice yet i still don't know wheather the world will end or not...

:braindance:

Archived