IGNORED

Ahhh Texas. Making Arizona look like a sane state.

chenGOD

Guest theSun
One curriculum amendment describes the civil rights movement as creating "unrealistic expectations of equal outcomes" among minorities.

fuckin lol

heh . . this is actually a very "progressive" and accurate stance, which is interesting. we're still a ways from "equal outcomes" (wtfkorbit that means anyway).

though it's ridiculously unproductive to dis the civil rights movement for that. without constant civil rights work we can't expect the disparity to go away.

well it's not like it would be possible to just whisk away all racism in 1950 and people will magically not think about any of the racist shit so ingrained in their culture since forever. i don't think that was the goal of the civil rights movement though, those people (even though they were blackies) weren't that naive.

i'm not really disagreeing with you here, just poking at this apparently "progressive" and "accurate" stance. like, what should they have done as an alternative?

There's good weed, good girls, great food, grasslands/prairies

desert, forests, hot springs, beaches, low cost of living, oh and you can buy guns.

The worst thing the Christian right could do to TX schools has already been done: replacing Sex Education with Abstinence Education. Houston and San Antonio TX were the on/off US capitals for teen pregnancy from 1994-1999.

the stupider these kids get, the less whiny brats i'll have to compete with for a fry cook job at McShithole's when i retire and find my social security account empty.

actually, with the completely useless set of skills they'll be raised with all they'll be good for is mcdonalds. which means less competition for you getting a real job. sucks to be them though

the stupider these kids get, the less whiny brats i'll have to compete with for a fry cook job at McShithole's when i retire and find my social security account empty.

actually, with the completely useless set of skills they'll be raised with all they'll be good for is mcdonalds. which means less competition for you getting a real job. sucks to be them though

If the bar is set low enough for an entire generation, even a moron can become Your Next Major Republican Lawmaker.

Oh shi--

One curriculum amendment describes the civil rights movement as creating "unrealistic expectations of equal outcomes" among minorities.

fuckin lol

heh . . this is actually a very "progressive" and accurate stance, which is interesting. we're still a ways from "equal outcomes" (wtfkorbit that means anyway).

though it's ridiculously unproductive to dis the civil rights movement for that. without constant civil rights work we can't expect the disparity to go away.

well it's not like it would be possible to just whisk away all racism in 1950 and people will magically not think about any of the racist shit so ingrained in their culture since forever. i don't think that was the goal of the civil rights movement though, those people (even though they were blackies) weren't that naive.

i'm not really disagreeing with you here, just poking at this apparently "progressive" and "accurate" stance. like, what should they have done as an alternative?

no, you're absolutely right. it's a bizarre and terrible stance on the civil rights movement. it just struck me as strangely true, probably not in the way they intended.

Archived