IGNORED

Google Whisper Ads

Guest analogue wings

Guest hahathhat

many lols as always. the onion

edit: and i get the feeling the onion a) has a lot of lawyers on retainer b) often might strike a deal as it's still getting the crest logo in front of people or whatever...

it's real it's in some newspaper called the ohion or somethinz _,, _ ' ' _/ '_' \_ '_/ \_' ' /)(\ ' / \ \ () / \,.....,/_ /_/ \_\

Guest ms-dos

i miss reading the print edition of the onion on the toilet. honest to god, they were some of my happiest moments in recent memory. laughing is also good for digestion, as kant -- while apparently in one of his most vulcan moods -- famously wrote.

i'd rather had smart ads really designed to fit my interest thrown in my face all the time by non sentient software than have a lot of random shit adverts thrown in my face all the time.

Guest hahathhat

I mean, woe be those who don't encrypt or do serious internet bidness on a McDonald's Wi-Fi but at the same time...really, Google?

from what i understand it was actually a dumbass mistake. the wifi had some config flag SNARF_DATAS = YES by default and no one realized that it was on. it did stuff it shouldn't. media pawns it off as ANOTHER SHOCKING PRIVACY BREECH. i can point to many that are far worse

the real kicker of it is that The Onion will try to go as "far flung" as possible with this stuff but then the old adage of truth always trumping fiction in the fucked-up department comes to pass. I don't know if they knew about this when they made that video but Google's ass is currently in yet another sling for mining data fragments on unsecured networks. I mean, woe be those who don't encrypt or do serious internet bidness on a McDonald's Wi-Fi but at the same time...really, Google? The internet really makes bald all of Man's filthy fucking dealings when he thinks he could be on to something and wants in on the ground floor e.g. "yeah, we got the world's most refined and fastest search engine, yada yada yada how about this shit we're hearing about mind control, we gotta get into that."

irl lol

Edit: 'cause you know that exactly how it would go down.

, _ ' ' _/ '_' \_ '_/ \_' ' /_/ \_\

.,/_ /' / \ \ () / \,.....,/_ /_/ \_\ / '_' \_ '_, _ ' ' _ \,..../ \_' ' /)(\ ' / \ \ () / \)(\ ' / \ \ () / \,.....,/_ /_/ \_\ , _ ' ' _/ '_' \_ '_/ \_' ' /)(\ ' / \ \ () / \,.....,/_ /_/ \_\

, _ ' ' _/ '_' \_ '_/ \_' ' /)(\ \_ '_/ \_' ' /)(\ ' / \ \ () / \,.....,/_ /_/ \_\ , _ ' ' _/ '_' \_ '_/ \_' ' /)(\ ' / \ \ () / \,.....,/_ /_/ \_\

, _ ' ' _/ '_' \_ '_/ \_' ' /)(\ ' / \ \ () /, _ '_ /_/ \_\

, _ ' ' _/ '_' \_ '_/ \_' ' /)(\ ' / \ \ () / \,.....,/_ /_/ \_\ , _ ' ' _/ '_' ,.....,/_ /_/ \_\

' _/ '_' \_ '_/ \_' ' /)(\ ' / \ \ () / \,.....,/

Guest Rambo

This is one of those things that you think will never happen but it has happened, guys. We are getting what we deserve here. I can't believe this hasn't been over more of the news networks.

Archived