IGNORED

World Cup Fantasy Football

Guest Gary C

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gary C

Unfortunately I was well aware of the sub-tactic. And decided to swap my low first team players and gamble on the teams yet to play.

Song didn't even figure for Cameroon, and Italy drew. I'm left with having to rely on a New Zealand fringe player to make me some points or David Villa to score a hat-trick.

It's all about the second week.

Guest Gary C

Well, it subtracts the points they already gained in your first 11, so you're gambling that your subs will perform better than your stars.

I had Lampard as a captain, hoping he was going to score a penalty at least. But he only got me 3 points (doubled to 6 for being a captain), so I switched him for a sub midfielder and made my last remaining striker (Villa) captain.

i def prefer the fantasy premier league one, this world cup one, its too quick and you have to spend everyday looking at your players and subs.. least on the EPL one you can do it all on a thursday night ready for the weekend

Guest Gary C

There's a Round 2 match tomorrow, so don't forget to check your transfers and starting line-up for that.

I have faith this game will be more manageable and enjoyable come the latter stages.

well fuck me i just went from 10th to 1st in my mates table and 2nd-last to 7th in the watmm... (mostly thanks to robinho, kaka and j.tae se)

and i've got strong spanish players and a wee honduran wildcard for tomorrow!

that 2nd stage game tomorrow's a bit of a non-event.

i shouldn't have use the auto complete thing, i assumed it would pick best players based on demand. will there be a round where i can change the players i picked?

tomorrow should be some more points.

Guest Gary C

will there be a round where i can change the players i picked?

i'm getting a message saying i have 1 free transfer and any more cost me 3 points a time.

Same here. 1 isn't enough, if you want a specific player in a certain position and need to make money by selling another, so it's a bit lame.

Hopefully they'll give you more free transfers come the latter stages, as surely a lot of players will have to be replaced.

will there be a round where i can change the players i picked?

i'm getting a message saying i have 1 free transfer and any more cost me 3 points a time.

Same here. 1 isn't enough, if you want a specific player in a certain position and need to make money by selling another, so it's a bit lame.

Hopefully they'll give you more free transfers come the latter stages, as surely a lot of players will have to be replaced.

i couldn't pick anyone to transfer anyway cos you're still only allowed 2 guys from each team. i tried to trade up for someone in the same team with higher value but their positions don't match up.

so i tried to make those 2 free transfers and it told me i'm over budget. i don't get this. once you make them are the transfer inmediate or are they effective until the next round?.

so i tried to make those 2 free transfers and it told me i'm over budget. i don't get this. once you make them are the transfer inmediate or are they effective until the next round?.

for the free transfers you still need to balance the player points values. but extra transfers cost you 3 points off your score.

Guest Ominous

hehe, for the first time in a world cup, I'm more interested in how many points I want my players to score than any other kind of outcome in most games.

Archived