IGNORED

The Official 2010 World Cup Thread

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Mirezzi

I told everybody who'd listen that Crouch wasn't about to trouble anybody, especially Onyewu.

Nice to see my beloved fellow self-loathing Newcastle fan posting though, but I can't say I agree with you on the whole. Impressive? No. Flattered by the draw? Maybe. Absolute wank? :wtf:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I told everybody who'd listen that Crouch wasn't about to trouble anybody, especially Onyewu.

Nice to see my beloved fellow self-loathing Newcastle fan posting though, but I can't say I agree with you on the whole. Impressive? No. Flattered by the draw? Maybe. Absolute wank? :wtf:

It was an attempt at balance. Sort of. I did think the US were disappointing. England created a fair bit and had a lot more telling possession in the final third and if you wanted to be optimistic, you could say they just needed a bit more fluency, which could come. When they did get behind the full backs, it wasn't so much the final ball that was the problem, the movement in the box was poor from everyone. Heskey had a decent game other than that. The first games of the group stages very, very rarely give any indication of how the tournament is going to pan out, not just for England, but pretty much all of the 'major' teams suffer from that same syndrome.

As I'm supporting Argentina as they're the only team with a Newcastle player and the England squad is the biggest charisma vacuum since the BoC subforum, I'm in a position to give an unbiased opinion.

The USA were shit. Trust me, as a Newcastle fan, I know a shit football team when I see one. Considering how hyped they've been as the team that broke Spain's undefeated record breaking run last year and very nearly beating Brazil in the confederate cup final, they were absolute wank, and could have easily lost 5 nil.

it was close game in reality.

Guest Dirty Protest

I enjoyed that game. I was starting to worry that the ball might ruin the whole thing, every shoot seemed to ballon. But Argentina at least showed that it doesnt stop you shooting with power. Theyre going to give someone a complete slapping.

really???

for how unspeakably slow and poor nigeria played, argentina did a pretty great job of playing to their level, esp. near the end of the game. When considering the strike talent with tevez, messi, higuain, and milito that game should not have been 1-0. argentina's pace (whatever they had originally) completely vanished after 60 minutes and their passing game went with it too. A well organized team like the korean one we saw today could give them fits, and a well organized team with talented players like a germany or perhaps even the dutch would decimate the side I saw play relitively miserably today. they just looked alright because nigeria showed up with just a goalie.

Masscherano, Tevez and Messi have been the best players on show so far. Another day they could have scored 3/4/5, I don't really know what else you can ask of a football team. We don't need to wait to see what they can do to an organised football team, their attack does it week in week out.

The US team were woeful, england were just depressing. It was like sven hadn't went away. Wtf happened to italian league and european cup winning mentallity. O well they can only get better.

Guest Mirezzi

Through day two and gotta be honest, fellas. I already have a World Cup hangover and this shit has hardly begun. God, it's fucking awesome.

Crouch won 90% of the headers that came his way. Should have been on perhaps 10 minutes earlier as to get a touch more time to get into the flow of the game. Heskey was good at everything except of course, putting the goddamn ball in the back of the net. rooney was invisible for the most part, seriously where the fuck was he? JOhnson played well, but he was almost never tested. In fact England's defense was almost never tested period.

I can tell I've matured though, i didn't break anything when Green let the ball slip through his fingers

threw the ball in the back of the goddamn net what the fucking fuck.

Oh well, at least Korea beat the Greeks. lol what a shit team they were in that match.

Guest Alex C

1. Green needs dropping for Hart

2. Why start Milner when he's clearly not fucking fit, and replace him on the left for another fucking right winger.

3. PLEASE START JOE COLE.

4. Rooney needs some fucking service.

1. Green needs dropping for Hart

2. Why start Milner when he's clearly not fucking fit, and replace him on the left for another fucking right winger.

3. PLEASE START JOE COLE.

4. Rooney needs some fucking service.

As I read on another forum - Milner, bought for 12 million pounds, owned by a 31 year old Bundesliga American right back to the point where he's pulled off before halftime.

Fucking lol

Guest Alex C

Cole's not pacey in any way but he's far more fucking clever with is technique, and can ACTUALLY CROSS THE BALL. Ashley Cole was nowhere near going forward enough compared to Glen Jo

You could carry out a brain transfer of Beckhams to SWP/Lennons and they still wouldn't fucking get it.

Guest Rambo

*Gary puts condom on his erect penis*

*Gary leans towards his lover and places his hand softly on her cheek, kissing her gently on the forehead*

*Gary takes his member and perpares for entry*

"look this isn't working out how i imagined. I'm going to leave now."

The battle of shit keepers in Group C is underway

The ball's not losing any pace at all when it bounces, probably a combination of the new ball and the pitches. Not that that's any excuse.

Guest Alex C

I'm not having this shit about the ball being super bouncy, it's a fucking ball and they've had about 5 weeks to get used to it.

Please can Hart and Dawson start, I don't buy the experience bollocks either, Algeria are the perfect team for them to play anyway as they're so toss. Nobody was moaning on about 'experience' when an 18 year old

Michael Owen told the world what was up in 98.

Hart is more than confident, same for Dawson

Guest Rambo

I'm not having this shit about the ball being super bouncy, it's a fucking ball and they've had about 5 weeks to get used to it.

getting used to the ball doesn't mean it's not shit to play with. That ball is shit and is the result of retards running the game.

Archived